Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

820 Visa application and bridge visa question

752 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Sheldonpk 
#1 ·
Hypothetically, if my visitor visa expires tomorrow, and I am not 100% ready yet with all my documents for 820 application,

1. Can I just lodge my 820 application today and make payment and automatically receive a BVA straight away, so I'll have extra time to get my documents/uploads ready?

2. If so, how long do I have to upload all the documents/evidences through? (excluding medicals/police checks)

3. For medicals/police checks, is it better than we do them and upload them in ASAP? Or wait for at least 6 months so the 12 months validity covers for majority of the process timeline?

4. Also I'm a bit confused on health insurance part, I didn't see this as a requirement anywhere on immi website, but have found this as a requirement while searching other forums/websites. I don't have health insurance at the moment, and as I understand I can just put through the application and be granted with BVA, then apply for medicare straight away. Can I then upload my medicare through as health cover? If its needed on the list of things to upload?

Thanks,
Fiona

See less See more
#2 ·
Hypothetically, if my visitor visa expires tomorrow, and I am not 100% ready yet with all my documents for 820 application,
1. Can I just lodge my 820 application today and make payment and automatically receive a BVA straight away, so I'll have extra time to get my documents/uploads ready?

You can lodge it and upload the documents whenever however lately we have seen the BVA kicks in after few days.

2. If so, how long do I have to upload all the documents/evidences through? (excluding medicals/police checks)

The sooner the better

3. For medicals/police checks, is it better than we do them and upload them in ASAP? Or wait for at least 6 months so the 12 months validity covers for majority of the process timeline?

I waited for the CO to request for police checks and medicals .

4. Also I'm a bit confused on health insurance part, I didn't see this as a requirement anywhere on immi website, but have found this as a requirement while searching other forums/websites. I don't have health insurance at the moment, and as I understand I can just put through the application and be granted with BVA, then apply for medicare straight away. Can I then upload my medicare through as health cover? If its needed on the list of things to upload?

Sorry not sure about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.