Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I've been reading the site for a while and you guys have helped me SO much with every part of my application!

I have a couple of questions that I cant seem to find an answer to, and wondered if you could help me?

1. How do we prove that we have lived together for 12 months?

Our living situation has been as follows:
- We lived with my parents in the UK Sept - Dec 2012. I have my partners flights as evidence for this and also sporadic post addressed to him at this address- but not for every month he was there. I also have evidence of him being insured on my car registered to this address

- He returned to Australia on 27th December 2012 and I flew our 29th Jan 2013 due to work commitments (I have explained this in the relationship statement). We then lived with his parents for 1 month until we signed a lease on our flat (I can show postal evidence for this time period showing we were at the same address)

- We then signed a lease and have lived at the same address since March 2013. Is the lease enough evidence to show that we live together?

As we have lived together for over 12 months do we have to do a relationship registration or is this just for couples who do not meet the 12 month requirement?

2. Can someone help me with the cost of the visa?!
I am applying for an 820 onshore partner visa - I think its around $4500 but the forms are quite confusing so could someone confirm this for me? Also how/when do we pay?

3. Do I need to supply proof of employment for the past 2 years for both of us?
I have read that some people include this and some don't. What is typical evidence to use? I have employment contracts for most of the jobs that we have both done. I also have my partners tax returns dating back to July 2011 & my Australian tax return for this year. However my partner has worked in bars/as a laborer before this - how do we prove this without a contract?

Also he did not work when he was in the UK September - December 2012 (he was on a tourist visa visiting me) and was on Centrelink March - June 2013 - do we mention this and will it affect our application?

4. What happens with the bridging visa?
Am I automatically put on this once I apply for the partner visa or do I need to apply for it separately?

5. Medical
I have a visa medical booked for tomorrow as friends of mine have had their medical done before applying for this visa and sent it as a front loaded application. However from reading this website I see that some of you don't do that until you are asked for it due to the medical only being valid for 12 months? What would your suggestion be on this? I would like my application to be processed as quickly as possible.

Sorry for the long questions, I just wanted to give you all the information to see if anybody can help me with the final details of my application!

Thank you :):D

Lois

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi,

Also I just realised that I've not told you that I am the applicant and my partner is the sponsor :eek: thanks

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
4. Your BV A will kick in once your current visa expired.
Thanks GBP! I've had a look at the visa pricing table and it confuses me - but I think mine is going to be $4575 - can anyone confirm?

Does my BVA kick in automatically or do I need to apply for it? Do I get a receipt for it or anything?

If anyone else has any answers for my other questions I'll be grateful forever! :D

·
Registered
798 Posts
Hi...I can confirm it will be $4575. We had our medical done before lodgement. There is a small risk you may have to do it again, but we decided to do it early as would it would probably speed up processing. A relationship registration is a help, as it provides extra evidence that the relationship is genuine. I would add shared utility or other bills, as well as a joint bank account to your evidence. Hope this helps a bit.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Onshore is $4575. If your doing your application online you will get your bridging visa emailed to you. My partner had his emailed inside half an hour of paying for the visa. If your lodging by post I have seen people say to allow 2 weeks or so to receive the bridging visa - either way it's not a separate application. It will kick in once your current visa expires. I think it's always good register your relationship. Especially if your lacking in evidence in one of more of the categories. Can you get your parents and his to write a statement confirming that you lived together. My partner and I did this - the letter included the living arrangements, who cooked, who cleaned, just general things they witnessed.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Oh and we included our medical. But it makes minimal difference these days in terms of dramatically speeding up your application - apparently ( according to migration agents). We included ours because either way it's one less thing they have to ask for which would ultimately speed up the application slightly :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.