Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

820 visa - Attached too many docs

2K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  CCMS 
#1 ·
Oh dear, i am in the process of uploading documents and i find i've uploaded too many and i now can't upload anymore for other sections.

What now?

:confused::confused::confused:

#6 ·
Yes, you have another 60 under the sponsors account. Use them wisely. Even with a lot of evidence, had it been combined and organised better you would have never hit the 60 limit. Try combining like evidences.

And if you haven't submitted the required documentation yet, do that first. You should always submit the things required to make a valid application first and then supporting documentation afterwards with strongest evidence uploaded first.

#7 ·
Thanks Skyblue, i guess we were just working down the list as it came to us.
I take on board your advice about using them wisely.

I guess we'll do the 40SP and be careful.
Hopefully we haven't messed up big time.

I'm sure i'm not the first to hit 60 and then worry.

Cheers

#9 ·
All of a sudden 60 doesn't seem like very many with the amount of info they seek, I guess we should maybe have combined docs into one word document or something.

Its so intense working out what you have and labelling it all up trying to satisfy their needs.

Thanks for all your assistance guys.

Time to tread very carefully

Jazzys

#11 ·
All of a sudden 60 doesn't seem like very many with the amount of info they seek, I guess we should maybe have combined docs into one word document or something.

Its so intense working out what you have and labelling it all up trying to satisfy their needs.

Thanks for all your assistance guys.

Time to tread very carefully

Jazzys
I seldom attach more than 30 to 40 files. That's easily achievable by combining multiple documents into a single PDF . Mind you, I have seen plenty of cases where applicants ( or amateur "agents") have attached 30 separate photographs and even forms 888 are uploaded as 5 separate files.

#13 ·
What you need to do is to submit an application that is very well presented and easy for the Case Officer to process. Opening up +60 files of much the same takes lots of time, one well organized file of like evidences and well explained if required takes much less time to process.

Even the fact that your process fee is $7,000 your Case Officer is not allocated very much time to process it - it is around the 5 hour mark, so make it easy for them.

Obviously they will be able to go beyond the allocated process time, but I expect they need to justify it to the supervisors or refuse it on so flimsy but allowable grounds.

No you are not the first to hit 60 then panic - one couple hit 60 and his wife used most of them to upload photos.

#18 · (Edited)
This link here has some pretty good info too.

In relation to uploading documents - would it possible to group them under headings as follows:

FINANCIAL_JointBankAccount
FINANCIAL_LeaseDocuments
FINANCIAL_Joint Expenses

NATUREOFHOUSEHOLD_PhotosOfHousehold
NATUREOFHOUSEHOLD_ShareExpenses
NATUREOFHOUSEHOLD_ElectricityBills

...continue in this format for each other category.

In addition, would it suffice that bills, documents were screenshot and put into word, converted to a PDF and uploaded that way? (most of my utilities and statements are all emailed so don't require scanning).

For statements, would it be OK for each partner to write the following:
1. History of Relationship Statement
2. Evidence of relationship statement - pertaining to each of the four boxes on the application (financial aspects, nature of household, social context, commitment to each other).

Then instead of filling in each box just put a statement saying "Please refer to applicant statement titled 'XYZ', subsection 1.2 Financial Aspects of Relationship"

Would it be ok to upload these as one complete PDF statement each with subheadings for each component?

Thanks!

#19 ·
There are many different ways of doing this. Multiple JPG files can be copied into a word doc, which can then be saved as a PDF.

Emailed invoices (if in pdf format) can be joined into the one file.

I suggest not combining important documents like personal statements with other documents, but present them by themselves.

On the other hand, relationship evidence can be joined and presented under different categories: hotel bills, plane tickets and other evidence of joint travel into one file, joint memberships, invitations and other social activities in another file and so on..

The main thing is to limit the number of files and make it easily accessible to a total stranger who is going to assess your application.

Also take care that the various documents can be easily read, are in the correct order and lay-out. There is nothing worse to wade through someone's stuff when documents are saved sideways, upside down or in random order.

Reactions: bob88
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.