Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I hope you can help with a query we currently have over our 820 application...

We applied December 2016 and we’re reequested some additional information in March, updated financial information.

Since then, we haven’t heard anything and my visa status says ‘further assesment’. We are hoping to go to UK for prolonged period - maybe 6mk this - due to family reasons at home.

I have read much about BVB Bs only being granted for 3 months, and want to understand what happens if I leave without one. Given that I am unsure that one will be granted for this longer time...

I called immigration and the agent said to me that, so long as I can legally re-enter Australia on a tourist e-visa then it’s ok. Can anyone confirm the process of being notified about the decision? And if I will have time to return without it being made invalid.

So if my visa is granted and I am out of the country it is not automatically invalid. Instead, I must return ASAP for it to be granted?

Would really appreciate some advice on this, we plan to leave on 19th June.

Many thanks, Grace

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
The visa can only be granted while you are in Australia. There is no guarantee you will be able to return on another visa if you do not have a valid BVB.

My advice: DO NOT LEAVE AUSTRALIA WITHOUT A BVB.

And make sure to return a few days before the BVB expires. You can apply for a 6 month BVB, if that is what you need.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the above. I will apply for an extended BVB, is it likely that my application will then be on hold until I return?

In the case that my BVB is not granted, would it not be ok to return on a visitor visa? Just the standard 3 month e visitor one in order for it it to be granted?

I had advice that you get notified ahead of the visa being granted, so upon this notice I could return?

Any thoughts really appreciated!

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
Having a BVB will not affect the processing of your partner visa.

I would follow Nick’s very clear advice on the BVB.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Thanks for the above. I will apply for an extended BVB, is it likely that my application will then be on hold until I return?

In the case that my BVB is not granted, would it not be ok to return on a visitor visa? Just the standard 3 month e visitor one in order for it it to be granted?

I had advice that you get notified ahead of the visa being granted, so upon this notice I could return?

Any thoughts really appreciated!
And what happens if the ETA is refused?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I’ve not heard of cases where this is refused. As it is not tied to another visa of any kind...

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
I've not heard of cases where this is refused. As it is not tied to another visa of any kind...
I have, but what do I know ?

I'm not going to tell you you want to hear. I think it is risky, but maybe you get lucky, so go for it, if that is what you want to do.

No one can predict or guarantee the outcome.

Reactions: wrussell

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sure I understand. Really appreciate all your input!
I will apply for the longer BVB and hope that goes through.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.