Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I just wanted to ask what is the best way of presenting screenshots of Viber, Whatsapp, and Facebook Messenger chats for the Contact While Apart evidence? How much chat screenshots should I include, and how much is too much screenshots?

Thank you!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi everyone. I just wanted to ask what is the best way of presenting screenshots of Viber, Whatsapp, and Facebook Messenger chats for the Contact While Apart evidence? How much chat screenshots should I include, and how much is too much screenshots?

Thank you!
Ensure your sample represents the entire timeline, and focus on meaningful ones and ones that tie into other events or details you're sharing. This shows consistency and accuracy of the information you're providing.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
A lot of people screenshot significant portions of conversation over time, say a piece of conversation for each week or every few weeks. Things that matter to people in a normal relationship... so did one of you lose a loved one, a pet? Did someone lose their job or get a promotion? Significant events that offer moral support are good. Also capturing parts of conversation that include future plans, such as living together in Australia (discussing the housing market or rental market, perhaps?), getting married, starting a family, attending events, etc.

Think quality over quantity. Some strong conversation evidence in screenshots will mean a lot more than an overwhelming amount of "How was your day?" and a bunch of kissing emojis.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts

Thank you!
My wife and I had hundreds of screen shots of messages between the two of us and only chose a few significant ones. Pictures of me receiving a package from her while she was in Australia, her receiving one from me from Canada. A few messages with future plans, lovey messages. All in all, we probably only included about 6 each.

·
Registered
201 Posts
A lot of people screenshot significant portions of conversation over time, say a piece of conversation for each week or every few weeks. Things that matter to people in a normal relationship... so did one of you lose a loved one, a pet? Did someone lose their job or get a promotion? Significant events that offer moral support are good. Also capturing parts of conversation that include future plans, such as living together in Australia (discussing the housing market or rental market, perhaps?), getting married, starting a family, attending events, etc.

Think quality over quantity. Some strong conversation evidence in screenshots will mean a lot more than an overwhelming amount of "How was your day?" and a bunch of kissing emojis.
While this is some good advice, I personally would have these type of conversations with my partner over the phone or face to face, rather than through text. While my partner and I have been apart before my 820 application, we would text each other to check on each other to see how each other is doing and how we spent the day. When it comes to supporting each other we would pick up the phone and call. :)

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
While this is some good advice, I personally would have these type of conversations with my partner over the phone or face to face, rather than through text. While my partner and I have been apart before my 820 application, we would text each other to check on each other to see how each other is doing and how we spent the day. When it comes to supporting each other we would pick up the phone and call. :)
Then it would be just as important to upload screenshots of call records.

My partner and I only video chat once a day. When we were living apart (US and Oz), it would be morning for me as I was getting ready for work and night time for him as he was getting off. Even now with him as FIFO, we only video chat once a day, at night before bed.

So we message all day and you'd see significant events as such via message, even if the response is just "I'll talk about it tonight on the call."

Same goes for when he wasn't FIFO. We'd still message each other all day and just talk face to face at home.

Maybe not all relationships communicate like that but in our case, you can read a lot of significant info about our relationship dynamics via message.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
And even if the first response is to pick up the phone, surely there'd still be reference to it somewhere via message if you use that platform at all. Even a "How are you holding up today?" or messages of encouragement.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I put all of our phone records into one file and then selected one week per month we'd been apart (about 16 of the last 18 months), I felt this showed a pattern of our communication. I also put all of our texts together (4 "screenshots" per page was readable) and then divided the total number of pages by 10 and ended up taking every fourth (or whatever) page to make a total of 10, again, showing a pattern of communication (ensuring the content on each page was appropriate).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.