Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

My name is Jon. Hope you are all well. I just wanted to share and get some advices from you guys about my onshore 820 Visa.

Here is some basic information about me
I am from Hong Kong with dual citizenship (Hong Kong & United Kingdom)
Same sex de-facto relationship
Been in a relationship with my partner for 8 years til this December
Studied in Australia, got my Bachelor and Master Degrees

So we have submitted our onshore 820 visa in 30 June 2017, then I did my body check the next week and passed it. I have submitted my basics documents that was required and some evidences of our relationship. On 24 Aug 2018, I got my s56 request for more information, and they wanted me to provide. We have basically uploaded everything that we can think of, and we are just worried that we don't have enough evidences and joint name accounts because we usually just pay things off from our person account and we share everything together which we are happy to live like that. Anyways, can you guys give me some advices to see if my evidences is strong because recently I am just so nervous about it and waking up checking my emails to see if they have send me anything because I am worried that they might need more evidences but we have already dig out everything we have. And do you guys think we have enough evidences to go straight for 801 visa because we have been in a relationship for almost 8 years and we have provided
a lot of evidences since 2011. I have also attached a letter to respectfully request a 801 visa instead of 802.

Please help and thank you so much for your time!

Form 80
Form 40SP
Form 1221
Form 888 x 2
Passport photos for me and my partner
AFP police checks for me and my partner
Hong Kong Police check
China Police Check
Passports copies (Both of us)
Hong Kong ID cards
Relationship statements x 2

Telephone Bills of mine since 2011-2018 (records of us calling each other everyday)

Joint Bank account since 2015-2018 (We only use it to pay electricity and gas)

Personal Bank statements 2011-2018 (We highlighted and annotated each transactions we spent together, transfers, groceries, gifts, movies, trips, dinners etc)

Photos of us since 2010-2018, (we attached 1 photo each for every month)

Contact while apart (Whatsapp, Wechat & Facebook chat histories)

Gifts to each other since 2011

Family pictures of me and his family and him with my family

My partner's air tickets and hotel records since 2012 - he come visit me every time I am back to Hong Kong for school holidays

Our activities (Movies, Disney with his nieces in Hong Kong & Pictures of him when I was hospitalised)

Utilities bills 2012 - 2018 - Electricity and gas bills but it was under my sister's name because I took over her account and she authorized me her account to me and there is a screenshot of the authorized page with both of our names

Household goods receipts (Furnitures, house appliances etc)

Declaration of my relationship to public institution (My graduation project for my university was about my relationship with my partner and it was exhibited)

Our Facebook timeline - showing we have been in a relationship since Dec 2010 to 2018, mutual friends, wall posts, pictures etc..

Our joint travel itinerary

A letter from my parents signed and a title deed scanned proving that we are living in their property that they bought us

Living arrangement statement

Tax Invoices Declaration that my partner included me as his de facto partner since 2013-2018

Food Deliveries Receipts to our address since 2011-2018 because we don't cook and we order deliveries almost everyday.

My address evidences:

My Insurance letter
Personal bank statements
Government Letter
Emails to real estate agent (Because my old place was rented under my sister's name, but I wrote a statement explaining that I have took over the place with my partner since 2012 and there are emails to prove)
Car regos
Address confirmation from Bank

My Partner's address evidences (because my partner doesn't have much letters sent to our current address therefore we added a bit more evidences to prove his address):

Driver Licence Receipt
Apple Receipt
Car rego
Address confirmation from Bank
Mobile phone bill
A letter from his company proving his address
E-tolls summary showing the billing address and where he went
Opal card summary showing where he get on and get off
Drivers Licence

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Hi, thank you so much for your reply. But I have already uploaded everything. Therefore I am not sure if I should still intruct an agent.
A few hundred dollars for peice of mind from a professional is better then weeks or months of worrying.

Especially if they pick something up you've missed - you've already made a large time and cost investment.

I used an agent, I was happy I did.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi, thank you so much for your reply. But I have already uploaded everything. Therefore I am not sure if I should still intruct an agent.
A few hundred dollars for peice of mind from a professional is better then weeks or months of worrying.

Especially if they pick something up you've missed - you've already made a large time and cost investment.

I used an agent, I was happy I did.
Thank you for your reply Mania, do you know where I can find them? 🙂 thanks in advance.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What kind of extra information did they ask for in the request?
Hi Undefined, they asked for my AFP, Hong Kong Police check, and more evidences to prove my relationship from 2016 to present, then I provided a lot more evidences since 2011 to present, do you think my evidences is strong enough? Thanks!

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
The fist reply is from a Registered Migration Agent, you can contact him on the link just below his RMA number.

He does not just fish for work- so he can see or knows something most of us do not about the S56.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It sounds very good so I don't really understand why they'd need even more evidence..
Hi Undiefined, thank you for your reply. Sorry, I think I have confused you guys. The request for more information was actually sent to me before because I uploaded very little evidences back then and the above list is what I have uploaded after they have requested so now I am just waiting for the result! Sooo nervous!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The fist reply is from a Registered Migration Agent, you can contact him on the link just below his RMA number.

He does not just fish for work- so he can see or knows something most of us do not about the S56.
Cool! Thank you so much for your recommendation! 🙂

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.