Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my hubby has just been emailed for his police check and I figured I better get started on mine. I have read for the "State" police check you are to get a check for any state you lived 3months in the last 12 months. I haven't lived in the USA for over 2 years now. Do I still need a state police check? Or just the FBI one?

I plan on using Accurate Biometrics for the FBI check. Anyone have advice on doing that correctly?

Thanks to anyone who has some insight! <3

·
Registered
814 Posts
You'll just need the FBI one - we hadn't lived in the US since 2015 and we just did FBI checks and my husband's visa was granted, no issues.

Can't advise you on AB because we had to go directly through FBI but I know lots of others have used AB here, so maybe someone else will be able to help you.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
I went through AB. Really easy. Filled out the app, got my prints at the local police station, sent it in and had the results within a week. I paid for the email and paper version but if you're in Oz they won't mail it to you as they only mail within the US, so just pay for the email option.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.