Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!

Planning on emigrating to Melbourne from the UK in December this year, my partner who is also from the UK holds a 190 Visa so I'll be entering on a 417 and applying for an 820 with him as my sponsor when we get there.

Any advice would be greatly welcomed!

Thanks

Abi :)

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Why a 417? You'll be bound by the conditions of it until it ends and the BVA can kick in unless the 820 is granted before then. You could just enter on an evisitor or ETA and apply for the 820/801 then the BVA with full work rights will kick in after the 3 month stay period ends.

Just giving another option in case it hasn't been considered.

Also, why weren't you included in the 190 application?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why a 417? You'll be bound by the conditions of it until it ends and the BVA can kick in unless the 820 is granted before then. You could just enter on an evisitor or ETA and apply for the 820/801 then the BVA with full work rights will kick in after the 3 month stay period ends.

Just giving another option in case it hasn't been considered.

Also, why weren't you included in the 190 application?
Thank you for the reply. The concern was that we wanted to have found a place to rent and secure jobs before applying and 3 months didn't seem long enough considering we wanted to travel for the first month.

Unfortunately we weren't together when he applied and the visa was granted earlier than expected so I was unable to be added on.

Thank you for the advice!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.