Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I've been seeing a lot of posts recently about 820 visa being processed quickly. Some I have seen have been approved really quickly (2 months)!!

It states on their website that the visa's are placed in a queue and assessed on the date of their lodgement. My partner and I lodged a decision ready onshore 820 visa application in March 2017 and still waiting, yet, I have seen couples lodge in November 2017 and been approved (or so they say).

I wonder, 'whats the go' here?

I am so nervous on waiting for a reply and just cant wait for my partner and I not to have that weight on our shoulders anymore. :D

·
Registered
242 Posts
Hi,
I've been seeing a lot of posts recently about 820 visa being processed quickly. Some I have seen have been approved really quickly (2 months)!!

It states on their website that the visa's are placed in a queue and assessed on the date of their lodgement. My partner and I lodged a decision ready onshore 820 visa application in March 2017 and still waiting, yet, I have seen couples lodge in November 2017 and been approved (or so they say).

I wonder, 'whats the go' here?

I am so nervous on waiting for a reply and just cant wait for my partner and I not to have that weight on our shoulders anymore. :D
Most if not all of the quick grants we've been seeing recently are from member's whose applications are/were processed offshore in countries with less (or no) back log. Most if not all of these applications are RECENT (I haven't seeing any older than 7-8 months) meaning that it's likely that applications older than that are being processed in Australia by offices that have a long back log.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Two applications can be lodged on the same day and one take longer than the other. Why? Every application is different. Maybe background checks for one are taking much longer than another (seems to be the case for high-risk countries), maybe they put the application aside for some reason or another to do further checks or they go to someone else in a long queue that does the interviews or some just get sent out to other processing centers and granted quickly where one might stay where it is in queue maybe because it's already been looked at.

I have no idea and don't think anyone on here really does either. Yes it's frustrating but there's nothing on the immigration website that leads people to believe that this will be a quick process. Everyone that applies knows they are most likely in it for the long haul so quick grants are just fortunate. Hope for fast processing but expect it to take a long time.

Again, it's frustrating, but it's not like they lead you to believe it will only take a few months and then takes two years. You know it could take two years. So if it takes a few months, then you're one of the lucky ones. If it takes two years, then that's what was kind of expected anyway.

How do you think that one couple from Canada felt waiting nearly 16 months when other Canadians were getting grants withing WEEKS of applying. Meanwhile their application wasn't going anywhere. A lot of people are in the same boat. It's just luck of the draw really.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.