Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!! I am new and I am somewhat scared. I uploaded my application for the 820 visa on November 27th, 2017 and in TWO months we have already requested the police checks and the medical exams (I currently have the BVA), I am a bit overwhelmed since all this is very fast and we have not had time to gather much information because we wanst expecting this!. My agent does not understand and there are people waiting for several months before! I am in a relationship since 2015 and in a de facto for more than a year (with the certificate and everything). Does anyone know why this is happening? If the waiting time is supposed to be 12 to 14 months right?
Anyone in the same situation??

thanks heaps!

Pia

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello everyone!! I am new and I am somewhat scared. I uploaded my application for the 820 visa on November 27th, 2017 and in TWO months we have already requested the police checks and the medical exams (I currently have the BVA), I am a bit overwhelmed since all this is very fast and we have not had time to gather much information because we wanst expecting this!. My agent does not understand and there are people waiting for several months before! I am in a relationship since 2015 and in a de facto for more than a year (with the certificate and everything). Does anyone know why this is happening? If the waiting time is supposed to be 12 to 14 months right?
Anyone in the same situation??

thanks heaps!

Pia
Currently avarage processing time for 820 is 20-24 momths.
How are your evidences?

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Not unusual. Current posted wait times are 75% processed in 20 months which means 75% of people are going to be done before 20 months. An app processed in one day, 6 months, or 19 months falls into that percentage. So you can expect to most likely be processed any time from application date to 20 months.

While some people have gotten the 820 grant within a few months, it is not very common. We also see a lot of people that get requests for things early on and then wait a long time before hearin from immigration again. There are even people on here who were requested police checks shortly after applying and then still waiting 12 months later.

Basically, when it comes to wait times, expect the worst and hope for the best. Requests for info do not necessarily mean your app will be processed anytime soon, but you can hope that it will be!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.