Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

My parents' application for 864 visa was made at end Oct 2016 (12 months since official application date). However, no case officer has been allocated to date, which is in stark contrast to OP's experience of having the entire application completed in just 10 mths, given that my application was made just 2 months after his.

I've also noticed that the queue processing date for 864s hasn't changed for at least 3 months, after moving along at a good pace since the beginning of the year. ("processed up to 8th September 2016"). Just wondering if anyone else with a similar application date has experienced the same long wait without a case officer assigned? I am aware that border's 864 page showed a 15-19 month not too long ago, but they've since removed the guideline. Is anyone aware of any policy changes or developments on this/other parent visas which might be responsible for the marked slowdown in processing?

For personal reasons, I would like to provide my AOS asap, and the long wait just to get a case officer assigned is really frustrating, especially given the much shorted waiting times experienced by other successful applicants.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.