Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, can a family member from the UK complete a stac dec for my 820 visa (proof that my partner and I are in a genuine relationship? It seems the 888 form is only for Australian citizens or residents to complete. Is there a separate form for uk residents or can they just use a stac dec template to write a statement? thanks for any help.

·
Registered
77 Posts
We’ve applied for the offshore partner visa and all 4 of our 888’s were completed using that form (and 3 of them were UK citizens). You’ve got me concerned now that we should have used a different one for the UK ones?!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
AW I think it will be fine I am just wanting to see if there is a difference. I dont think there is a different form, Ive just asked my brother to us a stac dec template from the UK

·
Registered
139 Posts
Yes you can, but make sure it's witnessed by an appropriately qualified person (see page 1 of the form). Also keep in mind that more weight may be given to statements made by Australian citizens/permanent residents as they will be liable under Australian law for making false statements.

Lisa Ira (LLB.BA.GDLP)
Principal Migration Consultant (MARN 1467616)
Migration Kit

e: [email protected]
w: www.migrationkit.com.au

Disclaimer: This message is general in nature does not constitute migration or legal advice and should not be relied upon. To provide you with migration advice, we need to consult with you to obtain your full information and circumstances.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank very much Lisa Ira, I have one from the UK and 3 from OZ. I have used a template for the UK stac dec and form 888 for the OZ ones. Yes they will all be true and certified at the police station. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.