Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I live in France and am applying in for a subclass 300 fiance visa. One of the things they ask for is *a certificate showing your marital status from your local government*authority.

I'm not married and never have been. Does anyone know where in France I should go for this certificate and what its called?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
Hi there,

There is a registry office in every country that keeps a record of all births, deaths a marriages. If you have not been married, you still need proof that you are legally singel and have never married before.

I'd do a google search in France to see which department or office you should contact.

·
Registered
39 Posts
aussiegirl is right. I am Greek and I had to provide the same paper. I went to the registry office and I asked them to write on my birth certificate that I am single and I have never been married. I completed and signed a form and the clerk placed a footnote on the certificate. Call your registry office or even better go there in person and ask.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have always thought this is a ridiculous request given we're already giving a statuary declaration as such in the application form. In any case as the others said it will be through your births, deaths and marriages office. They will probably ask you though how far back you want to search to prove your status.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.