Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ,
I am in the process of applying for a Pm300 visa .
I live in the Uk and applied online in Oct 2017.
I have so far been asked to submit police checks and go for the medical.
These were both uploaded approx. 6 weeks ago.

My question is about the visa grant. Are there usually a set amount granted each month and once they hit their quota for the month they wont grant anymore until the next month or is it that the grant can be anytime the case officer is ready ?

Regards

Lightvirus

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
I don't think it's a quota per month but I have seen yearly numbers thrown around for partner visas in total.

No way to tell if you'll get a grant tomorrow or in 6 months.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Going back a few years ago the number of grants per embassy were very consistent for every month for each embassy, like within 3 or so for the whole financial and immigration year. The only real exception was the month of June and that was all over the show.

I found this very interesting as it was so consistent that known holiday times at different places on the planet made no difference to the issued visas. Like Christmas here in Australia.

I assumed from that data that there was indeed an annual allocation to each embassy and that was broken down to a monthly quota and June was to meet the planning levels and adjust for back logs of applications to try keep within processing time targets (meet the 75% targets).

But that was several years ago, and much easier to extract such data than today.

If I had to guess it would be that there is still mostly monthly quotas for embassies but maybe more months set aside for adjustments to try meet the process times, if not it seems they might be outsourcing applications with big backlogs to lower backlog embassies and giving them priority processing - this would account for some fast grants.

But without the data its just speculation.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.