Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

I'm currently researching and getting as many inputs as possible to apply for Subclass 189 visa.
So any suggestion and feedback will be greatly appreciated! :)

Thanks!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Hi and welcome

The steps are to identify that your occupation is on the SOL list, then check you can make 60 points - you will need to undertake an English test, but this can give points as well. Then check you can meet the skills assessment requirements for your occupation.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

Hi Verystormy

Thanks for the pointers!
My occupation is listed on the SOL list, but I don't see it on the occupation ceiling list.
What does that mean? Will it impact my chance of applying? Will it still worth the shot?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know it may sound like a dumb question, but when you said I have to check with each state does it mean I have to go to an actual job sites and search for a job? Or this website has a section with occupation demand listed according to the states?
Much appreciated!

·
Registered
266 Posts
No, each state government produces a list of occupations it is willing to sponsor for a 190 visa. So, you need to google along the lines of: "west Australia state occupation list" as an example for WA.

Which will produce this - Migration WA - Western Australian skilled migration occupation list (WASMOL)

Repeat for each state to see if any are offering to sponsor your occupation. It is important to note as well any special restrictions that the state applies to particular occupations.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.