Australia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After visiting Brisbane and area last year, it was all we could do to find a decent cuppa joe.

What gives? :p

We miraculously found a little café in Maroochy which had THE best coffee anywhere we went.

Just wondering if we will forever be ordering flat white, or lattés when all a girl needs is a medium double-double with milk LOL

Starbucks in Brisbane centre hooked me up but it still wasn't quite right... Am I missing something?! :cool:

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
I'm in WA and not a fan of most cafe coffee here. Honestly, the best coffee I've had yet in Oz comes from a coffee truck that drives around town and shows up at my kid's sports activities, haha. I'd give you the name but they're only in Perth anyway.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
After visiting Brisbane and area last year, it was all we could do to find a decent cuppa joe.

What gives? :p

We miraculously found a little café in Maroochy which had THE best coffee anywhere we went.

Just wondering if we will forever be ordering flat white, or lattés when all a girl needs is a medium double-double with milk LOL

Starbucks in Brisbane centre hooked me up but it still wasn't quite right... Am I missing something?! :cool:
I work for a coffee roaster in Canada, and I think we make some pretty damn good specialty/craft coffee. Having said that, even our longest serving employee (30+ years) says the Australians are miles ahead of where we are in terms of coffee.

Reactions: Soso72

·
Registered
59 Posts
I am Canadian, but never drank coffee while I lived there (no, not even from Timmie's). Now my favourite coffee is the flat white my Australian husband makes me at home. So I am no help, but wish you luck!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm in WA and not a fan of most cafe coffee here. Honestly, the best coffee I've had yet in Oz comes from a coffee truck that drives around town and shows up at my kid's sports activities, haha. I'd give you the name but they're only in Perth anyway.
thanks Sky!
Let me know - we will be hopefully making a detour there before settling on the opposite coast 🙂

·
Registered
843 Posts

What gives?

Starbucks in Brisbane centre hooked me up but it still wasn't quite right... Am I missing something?!
I work for a coffee roaster in Canada, and I think we make some pretty damn good specialty/craft coffee. Having said that, even our longest serving employee (30+ years) says the Australians are miles ahead of where we are in terms of coffee.
Due to a new comment I came across this thread. I'm curious how you find it over here. One of my cost savers was to get a delter and later a aero press. I've been finding the local roasters to have the best beans.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.