Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
So here is my story my offshore visit visa tourist stream was refused last week and i was given an option to review it since i applied to visit my spouse who lives in Australia.
My question is that how long does a AAT priority processing actually takes? I think i can demonstrate compelling and compassionate circumstances based on my daughter who was born in April 2017 and my partner's health as well as strong need of emotional and physical support for the new mother.
I have been on AAT tribunal website but nowhere it says how long it will actually take for a priority processing. I am looking for a number, for example i have been told by a unregistered agent that it will take a month for priority processing. I am here for a second opinion if anybody can help me. I might go apply for another visit visa if it takes more then 2 months. Can i apply for a new visit visa if my review application in AAT is still in place?
Bear with me i only have one more question :).. if i do decide to apply another visit visa do i only have to rectify issues mentioned in previous refusal?
Any help is really much appreciated.

309 was also submitted last week

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
You need to consult a RMA, I don't believe there is a priority process service. I believe that Visitor Visas at AAT are processed quicker (maybe they have different sections within the AAT that process different types of visas.

You can do both appeal at AAT and put in a new Visitor Visa application.

They do not give you the full amount of reasons they refused your last Visitor Visa, just enough to justify the refusal - why you need a MRA.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Yes you need to consult a registered migration agent. Unregistered agents cannot operate legally in Australia.

Kind regards

Lisa Wulfsohn (LLB.BA.GDLP)
Principal Migration Agent (MARN 1467616)
Proxy Migration

e: [email protected]
w: www.proxymigration.com.au

Disclaimer: This message is general in nature does not constitute migration or legal advice. To provide you with migration advice, we need to consult with you to obtain your full information and circumstances. If you wish to receive migration advice please email us to arrange an appointment.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
i have been told by a unregistered agent that it will take a month for priority processing. I am here for a second opinion if anybody can help me.
I strongly object to the term "unregistered" agent. There is no such thing. You are either a professionally qualified Registered Migration Agent or you are an unqualified amateur calling yourself migration agent.

We don't talk about "unchartered" accountants, "unlicensed" builders or "unregistered" dentists or doctors, so why do we talk about 'unregistered" migration agents ? How can you call yourself a migration agent and deal with Australia immigration matters unless you have some sort of qualification that is recognised in Australia ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.