Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
My subclass 500 visa got rejected few days back
So just wanna ask can I apply for AAT by myself or it is worth to do it through agents?
Like is there some points we have to explain while filing AAT or even If we dont write any explanation, its fine?
Thanks

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
You can lodge a 'bald' review application and add evidence later, but whether there is any point in doing so is another matter.

May I suggest that you at least consult a registered migration agent to assess your refusal letter?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wrussel thanks from your prompt reply
Actually I asked some agents they give me the reason for refusal but at the same time they are asking for more than a grand to file AAT(excluding department fee)

·
Premium Member
6,602 Posts
Wrussel thanks from your prompt reply
Actually I asked some agents they give me the reason for refusal but at the same time they are asking for more than a grand to file AAT(excluding department fee)
Of course they charge a fee for filing the AAT application. Why do so many people believe Registered Migration Agents should work for free? Are you going to work for free or for very little money once you finish your degree just to help out someone?

Unless you are prepared to do some solid legal research so you can convince the AAT that the decision was incorrect, you will be wasting the $1764 AAT filing fee.

The alternative is to retain the services of a professional and pay their professional fees.

·
Premium Member
6,602 Posts
CCMS
I am just seeking advice that is that I can apply by myself then why I will give monet to agent and I respect their job but saving my money is my right
The way you put it, you sounded like you were expecting to receive cheap or free advice. I don't understand why there is such an expectation. Dentists, mechanics, IT professionals and so on all charge high fees.

Of course you can apply yourself and of course it is your right to save your money by not enaging a professional. But unless you know what you are doing, you will be wasting your money instead. The fact that you don't seem to understand how the process works should be a concern. There is quite a bit of free advice on the AAT website. I suggest you avail yourself of it before doing anything.

A while ago the AAT set aside a day to deal with about 20 sc. 485 refusals. Most of the appeals were thrown out on the spot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.