Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

About 489 VISA Living questions

Tags
489 visa
8K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  zpat978 
#1 ·
Hi guys, I have some questions to ask about my 489 regional state sponsored visa if could help me a lot.

I have recently been granted 489 state sponsored visa (7 days ago) , which I need to move to Tasmania in order to meet the 1 year full time working experience
and 2 years living in that area.

As I got my 489 visa, I was also thinking if that is possible to live in other regional areas like Geelong, or Adelaide, because it seems that Tasmania has very few job opportunities and lower population growth.It seems hard to live in that area.

So that I have contacted some migration agents ,they said if I want to relocate another regional area,they could
help me to write some letters to the state government to get release letter but I must do this in 28 days after I got my 489 visa, otherwise I cannot move to other regional areas.
Also, agents will charge me a very expensive fee for getting release letter and relocating other state service.

So, I am very confused about this.Can you help me to answer my questions that do I need to make the decision to get the release letter in 28 days after I got 489 visa?

is that possible to live in Tasmania for like 3-4 months then write the letter to state government to get release letter?

and How to get the release letter ? Can I do it by myself or need to get help from migration lawyers and agents?

Sorry for the long story, hope you could help me a lot.

See less See more
#2 ·
There is no legal reason why you have to stay in Tasmania, particularly if you can't find a job there. However, the Tasmanian Government will be disappointed if you don't at least try. The reason that Tasmania supported your application was because you have an occupation that is in demand there. So it would be a good idea to at least try and find a job there. Tasmania is a lovely State and a great place to live, with the friendliest people in Australia, some of the best food and magnificent environments.

#4 ·
There are some areas in New South Wales and it may be possible in the Northern Territory. All other States require varying amounts of work experience.

However, it will depend on your occupation. To be eligible to apply for a 489 visa you are required to have a full skills assessment. Several assessing authorities require some work experience before you are deemed to be skilled.

#5 ·
Dear Jeremy,
I would like to ask you a question?
I live in Adelaide, however I can't apply for 190 and 489 here yet as a don't have any work experience and I didn't completed my Degree in Accounting here.
Was thinking in apply for 190 with 60 points or 489 with 65 points to The Northern territory.
My question is if I don't get a job there, can I ask for a release letter to Geelong or Adelaide?

#6 ·
Hi.

Just wondering, how many points did u yhave when u get approved for your 489 visa n Tasmania.

That was ver quick in 7 days.

We are recently moved here in Tassi, in fact nearly a month now.
And I am currently working for 35 hrs per wk in two jobs, but only got
60 points including my regional nomination.

Do you think that would be enough points to apply
for 489 in Tassi?

Regards.

etsiworm

#7 ·
I have a smilar question i got 489 visa for nsw far south coast but my friend who went there says there are no software jobs in far south coast and diff to get rented accomadation also is it possible to live in other regionals area or i have to stay in far south coast. Will staying in other regional are cus a issue when i apply for pr ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.