Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

Some time ago I started to think about going to Australia. Currently I'm doing my PhD in Poland and partially in USA and UK. Maybe after that I will have a possibility to do my Post-doc there (Postdoctoral Research Associate), particularly at the University of Western Australia.

Maybe someone could write here some opinions how to stay in Australia after that? What are the possibilities of acedemic jobs here etc.

Thanks for help.

Radek

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Hello Everyone,

Some time ago I started to think about going to Australia. Currently I'm doing my PhD in Poland and partially in USA and UK. Maybe after that I will have a possibility to do my Post-doc there (Postdoctoral Research Associate), particularly at the University of Western Australia.

Maybe someone could write here some opinions how to stay in Australia after that? What are the possibilities of acedemic jobs here etc.

Thanks for help.

Radek
To stay in Australia Radek, you'll need a visa and for permanency one that gives permanent residency.
Follow the Visa Options link on Professionals and other Skilled Migrants - Workers - Visas & Immigration and you'll see that there's a split for applying from in Australia or from outside and if in Australia, the 885/886 have a two years study in Australia as a basic requirement of a points assessment approach.
Getting required points is no guarantee of a quick result and a read of the What's New Link you'll see at the top of the linked page will give you an indication of how Immi regulations are up for change right now.

As for academic jobs, that'll come down to your background, total qualifications, experience and skills for applying to academic work and what the needs are in the academic world.

You of course would be competing against many people who have done some or all study in Australia and may already have an association with places of learning.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.