Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi members,

I currently have 55 points on the point score, with 10 points from IELTS. I lost on 10 points only due to 7.5 received on speaking. In all the rest, I received 8+ (L/R/W - 9/8.5/8). Since I have only close to 2 years of post qualification experience, the only way for me to reach the 60 points is to take the ielts again and score 8 in each band.

It would help if u could share ur IELTS experiences. Some ppl tell me - they will deliberately rank one of the bands below 8 but I highly doubt that. That should not be the case with such a prestigious test.

I have already had my qualification assessed by quoting these IELTS scores. Will it be an issue if retake the test, score 8 each band, and claim 20 points given that the IELTS score submitted during skills Assessment are different?

Please suggest what would be the best option for me in this situation

· Registered
509 Posts
State sponsorship through the 190 visa would give you the extra 5 points required.

You are permitted to retake the IELTS for points purposes and since you've already met the skills assessment requirements you could take the General Training module this time which is considered to be easier.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Adam,

I looked up state sponsorship options but it seems like most of the states have stringent eligibility criterias around experience. I have only 2 years of post qualification experience and the minimum required by most is 3. Also some states are no longer nominating "General Accountants" .

But I see that NSW has no such requirement. Is it so ? Or have I not looked enough? But then again, I came to know that the last online application for NSW Nomination closed within minutes. Do you think General Accountant will still be on the NSW list when it reopens in October ?

Thanks for the time u took to reply !
Thanks in Advance for this one !! :)

· Registered
1 Posts
IELTS Bands

Hello,

You are correct in that IELTS examiners do not deliberately prevent a candidate from getting a Band 8 or 9. I have, on several occasions, awarded Band 9 to deserving candidates who have demonstrated the required standards.

All the best,
Rozitah
IELTS Examiner since 2002

Hi members,
It would help if u could share ur IELTS experiences. Some ppl tell me - they will deliberately rank one of the bands below 8 but I highly doubt that. That should not be the case with such a prestigious test.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.