Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all,

I'm a new bie to this forum and I need your guidance.

I've applied for ACS on 13th Dec, 2012 and the status is still in "With Accessor". I mean the wait is really killing.

Its been more than a month and the status yet didn't change to "In Progress".

Is there any body who have applied in the month of december and the status got changed or got the assessment?

Thanks,
Ramesh

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ACS was on holiday break until 21 January I believe, so I expect not much got done during that time.
Hi Mark

Rightly said. But you know, without any update its so killing. With hardly 2.5k seats left for 2613 i fear March will be the end for consumption of this quota.

·
Super Moderator
9,748 Posts
I understand your frustration!

Problem is, with almost all parts of the Australian immigration system, from visa applications to skills assessments, there is no automatic or periodic update system. You just get to wait until they process your application, however long that may be. Try not to let it get to you - and hang in there!

Best,

Mark Northam

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I understand your frustration!

Problem is, with almost all parts of the Australian immigration system, from visa applications to skills assessments, there is no automatic or periodic update system. You just get to wait until they process your application, however long that may be. Try not to let it get to you - and hang in there!

Best,

Mark Northam
Thanks Mark.

You are right. There's no way that we can figure out whats going on in there with them. But what I found is that, if one is going through the Agent, I guess, the ACS Result is coming pretty soon.

In my case, I couldn't afford for an MARA Agent. So, I started the journey myself.

·
Super Moderator
9,748 Posts
Hi Ramesh -

That's interesting - I have found that whether someone uses an agent or not does not seem to make a different in how fast a skills assessment is completed - I don't know of any skills assessment authority (ACS or anyone else) that automatically gives priority to applications from agents.

Best,

Mark Northam

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Ramesh -

That's interesting - I have found that whether someone uses an agent or not does not seem to make a different in how fast a skills assessment is completed - I don't know of any skills assessment authority (ACS or anyone else) that automatically gives priority to applications from agents.

Best,

Mark Northam
Even thats surprising. Coz my friends who approached a MARA agent got ACS within 11 days

·
Super Moderator
9,748 Posts
Hi Ramhesh -

And I'm sure there are many others who have gotten their ACS assessments in 11 days who didn't have an agent...

As much as other agents might not like me saying this, it all depends on the case, not the agent. If your case is solid and all your docs and evidence is 100%, it doesn't matter whether you lodge a skills assessment application yourself or have an agent do it.

Where agents bring an advantage is in having experience with different skills assessment authorities so they know the rules, know what it takes to satisfy the rules, and can make sure their clients' applications do so. This is the same whether you're talking about skills assessments or visa applications.

Best,

Mark Northam

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Ramhesh -

And I'm sure there are many others who have gotten their ACS assessments in 11 days who didn't have an agent...

As much as other agents might not like me saying this, it all depends on the case, not the agent. If your case is solid and all your docs and evidence is 100%, it doesn't matter whether you lodge a skills assessment application yourself or have an agent do it.

Where agents bring an advantage is in having experience with different skills assessment authorities so they know the rules, know what it takes to satisfy the rules, and can make sure their clients' applications do so. This is the same whether you're talking about skills assessments or visa applications.

Best,

Mark Northam
Thats indeed a clear insight. Thanks Mark.

·
Registered
37 Posts
ACS was closed from 22 December 2012 to 21 January 2013, so expect your application to get delayed. You should receive the assessment by probably Ist week of Feb.

Good Luck,
Tariq

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.