Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello friends,

I have the below scenario with one of my friends.

He has a Total experience of 9 years and 10 months in Software Engineer profession. This exp is till Feb 2018 after which he has left the job and hasn't joined any other company.

Considering that ACS deducts 2 years from your total work exp, will he get Skilled exp points for 7 years OR 8 years.

This is important as 7 years will fetch him 10 points but 8 years will get him 15 points under the Work exp category.

Regards,
Yogjeet

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
The ACS sometimes deducts more than 2 years, depending on the academic qualification of the applicant.

May I suggest that your friend consult a registered migration agent for an assessment, or review the comprehensive information on the ACS website.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
His academic qualification is b.tech in computers, the same as mine and for me ACS deducted 2 years. Is there any chance that ACS deducts less than 2 years for him just to give him points for 8 years work exp?
Thanks for your help

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hello friends,

I have the below scenario with one of my friends.

He has a Total experience of 9 years and 10 months in Software Engineer profession. This exp is till Feb 2018 after which he has left the job and hasn't joined any other company.

Considering that ACS deducts 2 years from your total work exp, will he get Skilled exp points for 7 years OR 8 years.

This is important as 7 years will fetch him 10 points but 8 years will get him 15 points under the Work exp category.

Regards,
Yogjeet
See page 4:
https://www.acs.org.au/content/dam/...t Guidelines for Applicants V5-6 Aug 2018.pdf

The minimum ACS will deduct is 2 years (this is with an AQF Bachelor's or higher with a ICT Major).

·
Registered
179 Posts
See page 4:
https://www.acs.org.au/content/dam/...t Guidelines for Applicants V5-6 Aug 2018.pdf

The minimum ACS will deduct is 2 years (this is with an AQF Bachelor's or higher with a ICT Major).
Just to update info from another forum:

If you have completed an Australian Bachelor Degree or higher with an ICT major, AND a) 1 year of relevant experience post-qualification OR b) Completion of an ACS Professional Year program -

ACS will potentially deduct 0 years (bottom of page 3 - https://www.acs.org.au/content/dam/...t Guidelines for Applicants V5-6 Aug 2018.pdf).

There was a case of an applicant who had 0 years deducted for meeting the above requirements through an Australian Bachelor Degree studied offshore (at one of the many satellite campuses) - and ACS confirmed their assessment outcome after further clarification.

As the guidebook says the qualification has to be completed at an educational institution in Australia, it seems they are deducting 0 points for Australian Bachelor Degrees completed at an educational institution not in Australia too.

ACS will likely have the most accurate info, flagging in case this info might help anyone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.