Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
How are you ?

I am Anas and this is my first post on this forum. i need some help regarding information about PR and ACS assessment.

I am a student and doing a diploma in information technology from central college sydney.
I have done my Bachelors in computer science (3 years) from Karachi Pakistan in march 2007.
I worked in Pakistan in an IT company from June 2007 till December 2008 (1.5 years) as an oracle developer.
I am studying diploma in IT from Central College since january 2009 and my course will finish on 10th december 2010.My visa will expire in March 2011.
I am working in an IT firm in australia as a computer tester (part time) from february 2009 till - to date.

Now i want to ask you what are my chances of getting ACS assessment positive and PR here, i complete my 2 years study as my course is about 102 weeks and i have studied more than 16 months,

Am i elligible for ACS assessment ?
I am very confused and need some advice from you.

Thanks in advance,
regards,
Anas Jamil

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Best thing is to review all the information on the ACS site and do something of a self assessment and if you feel your qualifications are as required, apply.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
whatever i have understood by visiting ACS web site and other information on internet is as below.
Please correct me if i am wrong
The place where i stand is as under:

With 2 years experience (which i have gained already)

Occupation: 60 (if 65% of my degree courses matches with the nominated occupation in my ACS assessment)(Note: After 1st July New Rule)
IELTS:15 (6 each module)
2 years Diploma(Australian Study): 5
Australian work expereince: 10
So, it makes 120

With 4 years experience:
Occupation: 60 (if 35% of my degree courses matches with the nominated occupation in my ACS assessment)
IELTS:15 (6 each module)
2 years Diploma(Australian Study): 5
Australian work expereince: 10

However, my degree in computer science is from a well renowned university of Pakistan and internationally recognized.

My question is can i get some exemptions in work expereince (4 years case as explained above) due to 2 years study in australia.

Second is there any course or some thing like that which can give some expemptions on work experience to make the case a bit stronger.

i would appreciate your comments on this.
Thanks once again,
regards,
Anas Jamil

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi,

I have decided to do a degree in computer science here in australia (in order to increase my chances of a positive assessment from ACS), I have applied to a university here in the course Bachelor of IT (Information Systems) and they are giving me exemptions on the basis of my education and experience.
They are offering my 12 credit exemptions out of 24 courses.

My question is that does the subject exemptions will have an impact on the result ACS assessment or applying for residency?

Thanks in advance,
regards,
Anas Jamil

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.