Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I applied to ACS for my skills assessment and got a positive feedback on June 2011. In the letter, ACS sent I am suitable under PIM3 Group A as Software Engineer. Is this assessment still valid with new rules?
I can’t see my qualification is printed in the letter. According to the DIAC site, I can get an opinion on my qualification and employment from skill assessment body. Does anyone know how to get an opinion on my skill employment and qualification?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
But you just did get an opinion from an Assessment body, didn't you?
That assessment should be fine for the new rules.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. Then I would be able to apply for PR soon after my hubby sit for his ielts.
However I have noticed with some assessing bodies they have new service to "request an opinion" E.g CPA Australia. I hope with ACS, only skill assessment would be enough...

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Thanks for the reply. Then I would be able to apply for PR soon after my hubby sit for his ielts.
However I have noticed with some assessing bodies they have new service to "request an opinion" E.g CPA Australia. I hope with ACS, only skill assessment would be enough...
hmmm :confused:
I think this might be something optional for your own benefit, because I can't see it on the eligibilty for the visa. What's important is the assessment :) That's what's needed, I'm sure the 'opinion' isn't needed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, What I understand is If we can get a positive opinion from Assessing Body then it has higher chance of claim points. :cool: That's my understanding up to now. If any expert know what exactly is "Request an opinion" mean please update me and all of people confused with this.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.