Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I am an Indian national working in Melbourne on 457 Visa since October 2013.
I am planning to apply for ACS skill assessment as a pre-step for gaining Permanent Resident status.
My query is regarding the 5 points which are obtained for work experience of 1 year gained in Australia in the nominated occupation.
When are these points calculated - is it when applying for ACS or PR.
If I apply for ACS before October 2014 and apply for PR after October 2014, will I get these 5 extra points.
:confused:

--
Thanks.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Hi All,
I am an Indian national working in Melbourne on 457 Visa since October 2013.
I am planning to apply for ACS skill assessment as a pre-step for gaining Permanent Resident status.
My query is regarding the 5 points which are obtained for work experience of 1 year gained in Australia in the nominated occupation.
When are these points calculated - is it when applying for ACS or PR.
If I apply for ACS before October 2014 and apply for PR after October 2014, will I get these 5 extra points.
:confused:

--
Thanks.
Hi SS,

Assuming that you can be deemed skilled by ACS when you arrived in Australia, then the time of application for your visa is the appropriate date.

To be deemed skilled by ACS you will need to have had a certain amount of work experience in addition to any qualifications you have. The amount of work experience will depend on your qualification(s) and the relevance of your qualification with regard to your work experience.

You ACS skills assessment will indicate the date when you were deemed to be skilled. Any relevant work experience after that date will count towards work experience points.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Regards

Jeremy Hooper
MARN 0107902

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.