Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I had an assessment application on 5 may 2010. And I received result letter which has a date as 30 August on it. And my assessment processed under an asco code. Although the assessment document says "under 2231-17 of the ANZSCO Code" it has an asco code on it. According to immi.gov.au I can't use this assessment because it was issued after 1 July. “If you apply for a GSM visa after 1 July 2010 you can still use your ASCO skills assessment obtained prior to 1 July 2010, provided that your ASCO skills assessment is still valid.” (Ref immi/skilled/general-skilled-migration/pdf/faq-gsm-anzsco.pdf)

And because it was issued on 30 August I am out of category for review “received a result letter issued within the time frame: 1 May 2010 - 30 June 2010 inclusively,”
acs/assessment/docs/ACS_Pre-application_Skills_Assessment_PASA_%20during_ASCO-ANZSCO_transformation.pdf

I thought that there is a big mistake. Does anybody exist with the same situation? I couldn’t solve with ACS so what should I do? Is there a legal authority that can I contact for correction? Thanks with my best regards.

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
The ASCO/ANZSCO situation does have some trips up in it and I must admit it is a bit hard keeping up with the Immi advices re commencement of the new regulations, some seeming to have ambiguous if not conflicting information within the one release.
I'd suggest your best approach may be to see if you can seek a specific advice from Immi re an assessment requested prior to but received later than July 01 though the real difficulty uou'll have is that the new regulations are based on the new SOL and if your occupational qualification is not on the new SOL that will be the problem.
I had read where the ACS were offering a transitional assessment service but again there may have been conditions to be met.
Ultimately you can only look at what is possible and if you do not meet the new classification requirements you'll have to see where your next step is to be in getting a suitable classification.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.