Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have completed Bachelor in Computer Science and Engineering in India.I have 2 years of work experience in India.Can i apply for General Skill Assessment with the relevant experience letters and graduate certificates or should i apply for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) ?

·
Registered
5,847 Posts
I have completed Bachelor in Computer Science and Engineering in India.I have 2 years of work experience in India.Can i apply for General Skill Assessment with the relevant experience letters and graduate certificates or should i apply for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) ?
You do not have enough work experience for RPL.

If your degree is assessed as comparable to an Australian IT degree (not all Indian degrees are) and your work experience and degree content are relevant to the skilled occupation you propose to nominate, you should be able to obtain a positive skills assessment.

May I suggest that you consult a registered migration agent for a professional assessment of your case?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Generally 2-4 years are deducted by ACS during assessment for Indian Degrees

Moreover, the chances of getting a job in Australia with only 2 years experience as Software engineer is very low

I think you should work for a couple of years more and then only try for PR.
Getting a PR in itself does not get you a job.
There are hundreds of cases mentioned in the forum with people having even 8-10 years experience not being offered a job after getting a PR and relocating to Australia.
PR is a money guzzling exercise and if you do all the applications and paperwork yourself without a MARA agent, you will end up spending nearly 10,000 AUD in the process.
So spend this money when you have better chances of getting a job in Australia

In the meantime you can try to get your company to send you to Australia on a 457 visa.

Cheers

·
Registered
5,847 Posts
In the meantime you can try to get your company to send you to Australia on a 457 visa.

Subclass 457 is no longer available.

Advising about which, if any, strategy the the OP might persue requires full knowledge of the facts of the case and of the current rules and regulations.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Generally 2-4 years are deducted by ACS during assessment for Indian Degrees

Moreover, the chances of getting a job in Australia with only 2 years experience as Software engineer is very low

I think you should work for a couple of years more and then only try for PR.
Getting a PR in itself does not get you a job.
There are hundreds of cases mentioned in the forum with people having even 8-10 years experience not being offered a job after getting a PR and relocating to Australia.
PR is a money guzzling exercise and if you do all the applications and paperwork yourself without a MARA agent, you will end up spending nearly 10,000 AUD in the process.
So spend this money when you have better chances of getting a job in Australia

Cheers
Thanks for your advice.My husband is a permanent resident of australia and he has applied for spouse visa.I just need to get a positive feedback on general skill assesment from ACS.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You do not have enough work experience for RPL.

If your degree is assessed as comparable to an Australian IT degree (not all Indian degrees are) and your work experience and degree content are relevant to the skilled occupation you propose to nominate, you should be able to obtain a positive skills assessment.

May I suggest that you consult a registered migration agent for a professional assessment of your case?
Thanks for your advice.I just wanted to know if i will be able to get through the skill assessment.I hope my degree is comparable to Australian IT Degree as i have completed my engineering from a well established university(Anna University,India). I have two years of experience as Application Developer in a MNC . I work in the latest technologies. I am planning to apply for software developer/engineer role.Will i be able to get through it?

·
Registered
5,847 Posts
Thanks for your advice.I just wanted to know if i will be able to get through the skill assessment.I hope my degree is comparable to Australian IT Degree as i have completed my engineering from a well established university(Anna University,India). I have two years of experience as Application Developer in a MNC . I work in the latest technologies. I am planning to apply for software developer/engineer role.Will i be able to get through it?
Anna University, Chennai is a level 1 institution, so from what you posted, your qualification would be recognised as comparable to an Australian degree. I suggest you take professional advice about the remaining criteria.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Anna University, Chennai is a level 1 institution, so from what you posted, your qualification would be recognised as comparable to an Australian degree. I suggest you take professional advice about the remaining criteria.
Any idea if Visveswaraiah Technological University, Belgaum, Karnataka, India is also a Level 1 University ?

Cheers

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sure.Thank you so much.
One of my friend has 1 year and 9 months of experience and has completed BE CSE in Anna university.He isnt sure if he can apply for ACS as he has got only 1 year and 9 Months.will he able to apply for acs?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.