Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Spouse is Electronics and Telecommunication graduate with 4 years 1 Month experience as Software Engineer. I read in the documentation that ACS deducts 4 years from the experience if the Education is not related to the profession. So in my case after deduction, experience comes around 1 Month.

Just wanted to check if less than a year experience after deduction is eligible for positive skill assessment.?

·
Registered
5,947 Posts
Just wanted to check if less than a year experience after deduction is eligible for positive skill assessment.?
The 4-year deduction (or whatever period is deducted by the ACS) is part of the skills assessment.Work experience beyond this is not part of the skills assessment.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi,
I have around 11yrs experience in IT in India out of which 6 yrs are in my current company.
I applied for skill assessment through acs for code 261313 and provided a statutory declaration from my senior who is currently employed in the same company.

My education as well as previous employment is considered appropriate but my current employment has been assessed as not suitable due to insufficient documentation. What all documents do I need to provide along with the statutory declaration? Please help.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My Spouse is Electronics and Telecommunication graduate with 4 years 1 Month experience as Software Engineer. I read in the documentation that ACS deducts 4 years from the experience if the Education is not related to the profession. So in my case after deduction, experience comes around 1 Month.

Yes that's fine - if they deduct 4 years you will have only 1 month of work experience left, but that's for the skilled points test, you are still eligible for a positive skills assessment if you have provided all the other required documents.

·
Registered
11 Posts
ACS Skills Assessment 261313

Hi there I would like to revive this thread. Here is my question:

4-year Bachelor's with major in CS, 3-year Master's with major in CS, now three years work experience as Software Engineer. I learned that ACS would deduct two years from the work experience in my case, leaving me with one year skilled employment (for which I will receive no points). Here are my two questions:

1) Any chance that ACS will regard my Master as work experience and will give me at least some credit for it (as [email protected] 3 year Masters is equivalent to 1.5 years work experience or something similar).

2) During Master's, I was employed for 1.5 years full-time (30 hours a week) as a software engineer on an hourly basis, so this was paid, although it is officially called an internship. If point 1 (see above) does not work, is there any chance I could try to get these 1.5 years counted towards my work experience? The official qualification requirement for 261313 is Bachelor's degree. So everything after Bachelor's degree should be counting as work experience if it is related to the degree, correct?

Thanks for your feedback.

Best regards,
Jan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.