Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The current status is:

ACT Assessment Positive Done + 9 Years of Experience Recognized: 15th May, 2010

IELTS (6.5 band) Done: 26 June, 2010

Job Code: (Programming & Analyst Programmer 2231-17) is the NEW SOL list

2231-17 is in 'Off Quota List' for ACT

Intention: to file 176 subclass under state nomination.

Now need opinion that should I apply for state nomination? NOW?

This is what been stated:

=======================================
From Business ACT GOV AU site:
business[dot]act[dot]gov[dot]au/skilled_and_business_migration/skilled_migration

2009/2010 ACT Skills in Demand List (SDL)

The 2009/2010 ACT Skills in Demand List (SDL) is closed for applications from 30 June 2010.

It is expected that the 2010/2011 ACT SDL list will be published on 1 August 2010.

In the meantime, the ACT Government is able to accept 176/886 sponsorship applications from clients with occupations on the Department of Immigration and Citizenship Skilled Occupation List (SOL). Full details are available on the DIAC website Department of Immigration & Citizenship

* Application for ACT Government Sponsorship of Skilled-Sponsored Visa (Subclass 176)
* Application for ACT Government Sponsorship of Skilled-Sponsored Visa (Subclass 886)

====================================

So now I am on the New List for 2231-17 as well on ACT 'off quota' list in demand. Should I apply online and pay $275 to ACT for state nomination or still hold.

You people always remained helpful. I would like to thank in advance.

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
The current status is:

ACT Assessment Positive Done + 9 Years of Experience Recognized: 15th May, 2010

IELTS (6.5 band) Done: 26 June, 2010

Job Code: (Programming & Analyst Programmer 2231-17) is the NEW SOL list

2231-17 is in 'Off Quota List' for ACT

Intention: to file 176 subclass under state nomination.

Now need opinion that should I apply for state nomination? NOW?

This is what been stated:

From Business ACT GOV AU site:
business[dot]act[dot]gov[dot]au/skilled_and_business_migration/skilled_migration

2009/2010 ACT Skills in Demand List (SDL)

The 2009/2010 ACT Skills in Demand List (SDL) is closed for applications from 30 June 2010.

It is expected that the 2010/2011 ACT SDL list will be published on 1 August 2010.

In the meantime, the ACT Government is able to accept 176/886 sponsorship applications from clients with occupations on the Department of Immigration and Citizenship Skilled Occupation List (SOL). Full details are available on the DIAC website Department of Immigration & Citizenship

* Application for ACT Government Sponsorship of Skilled-Sponsored Visa (Subclass 176)
* Application for ACT Government Sponsorship of Skilled-Sponsored Visa (Subclass 886)

====================================

So now I am on the New List for 2231-17 as well on ACT 'off quota' list in demand. Should I apply online and pay $275 to ACT for state nomination or still hold.

You people always remained helpful. I would like to thank in advance.
Interesting info that is on the ACT site for the new Immi SOL is scheduled to take effect from tomorrow and at some stage according to info published to date by Immi each of the States/Territories are to have State Migration Plans approved as the applications priority second tier.
It is hard to know what the ACT are up to in stating that their SDL as they call it is due on August01.
If Immi [ and that could be a big If ]accept sponsored 176 applications based on any occupation on the SOL, that may be OK in one sense but sponsored applications will be behind SMPs as far as priority goes if the system works as proposed.

Personally, seeing as the new SOL is due for implementation from tomorrow, I'd be inclined to wait and see what the situation may be re SMPs and at least se if info is available from the ACT re their SDL Vs SMP.
One thing people have found about the ACT is that a lot of employment is with government departments and citizenship is a requirement.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.