Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some advise please. My partner and his 3 kids were going to come out on a tourist visa then apply for a spouse visa here and go on the bridging visa (their tourist visa allows there is no “no further condition” attached. However I have found out while the kids are on the bridging visa it will cost each child $7000 a year for primary school until the visa is approved. With a 2 year wait I can’t afford $44000 on school fees. If my partner comes out and goes on the bridging once he is approved how do we add the children to his visa and would it be the same situation where they have to apply in Aust and go on a bridging visa again? Or any suggestion on another form of schooling that doesn’t cost? Thank you

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
No real way out of it - been there done that.

Some private schools might waiver the fees, ours did bit, I had for years already paid fees for my 3 kids - so the 2 extras they just charged me normal fees not international.

·
Registered
5,940 Posts
I need some advise please. My partner and his 3 kids were going to come out on a tourist visa then apply for a spouse visa here and go on the bridging visa (their tourist visa allows there is no "no further condition" attached. However I have found out while the kids are on the bridging visa it will cost each child $7000 a year for primary school until the visa is approved. With a 2 year wait I can't afford $44000 on school fees. If my partner comes out and goes on the bridging once he is approved how do we add the children to his visa and would it be the same situation where they have to apply in Aust and go on a bridging visa again? Or any suggestion on another form of schooling that doesn't cost? Thank you
You have been incorrectly advised. May I suggest that yuu consult a registered migration agent?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@wrussel I have been trying to get advise from immigration agents but when I don’t sign up to have them do my whole applications they don’t offer advise as I can’t afford on top of the $12750 to pay an extra $5000+. Do you know anyone who will over once off consultations? Thank you

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
It is not a migration issue. It is the education department that says who can and can not qualify for the government student subsidy per student.

Government (public schools) can not waiver the on a case by case basis and several states have different policy from memory.

Private schools can decide in they want to charge for the non government subsidy amount (it was around $10,000 when I looked at it) and the increased international student fees or not.

The private school we used simply treated the 2 extra kids as if they were Australian citizens and part of my family. So with each extra enrolment we got discounted fees.

So first up go to the local school and get them to provide the state policy - some will be eligible for "free" education on the BVA, others not till the 820 grant.

There have been a few posts on this forum over the years and from memory had some good links.

·
Registered
5,940 Posts
@wrussel I have been trying to get advise from immigration agents but when I don't sign up to have them do my whole applications they don't offer advise as I can't afford on top of the $12750 to pay an extra $5000+. Do you know anyone who will over once off consultations? Thank you
If you go to my website: pinoyau.com and use the contact form I will undertake a free preliminary assesment of your case, if you wish.

My professional fee for an online consultation, which includes a detailed assessment of visa prospects is $190, plus 10% Goods and Service Tax for clients in Australia.

There are other RMAs who post on this forum who offer 'one off' consultations for similar amounts.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you, I have spoken to the department of education which is where I got the school fees information it’s more how I can get around it and it bridging visa still kicks in for the children when we add them on his spouse visa when it’s approved.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.