Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to apply 189 visa and at the same time adding my fiance into it. We will get married on 17 Feb in Perth, and the estimated time to get an official marriage certificate will be 3 weeks later, i.e. March.

Should I lodge an EOI now with the "engaged" status? What if our status change after the invitation? Can we change the status? Is there significant differences between "engaged" and "married"?

As we will be just "newly married", will they ask us to prove the "genuineness" of the marriage?

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts
You have to be in a married or de-facto relationship if you want to include your partner in the application.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yes, we actually are.

We are same sex couple having the relationship for 10 years, but without a marriage certificate, it is time-consuming, and sometimes difficult, to provide prove as a de facto relationship. We cannot get married until recent marriage law reform.

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
If you are in a de facto relationship then you can include your partner in your application. Being married will only add a marriage certificate to your evidence, you still need the same evidence of the relationship.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.