Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! Who among you were asked for additional documents from the Case Officer? How long did you have to wait before you were granted the visa?

My case officer emailed on Jan. 8, 2018 asking for my AFP. I submitted it on Jan. 15 so my status on my Immi Account went from Information Requested to Assessment in progress. After that, haven't heard anything.

So anxious...driving me crazy checking my Immi Account everyday lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm in pretty much the same boat as you- case officer emailed on 8th of Jan asking for a form that we forgot to upload but mentioned nothing about requesting police checks or medical. I uploaded the form the same day and emailed back asking if i needed to do police checks/medical as if so I would like to get them sorted asap, heard nothing back and that was nearly three weeks ago! Immi account says Assessment in progress and its driving me crazy!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm in pretty much the same boat as you- case officer emailed on 8th of Jan asking for a form that we forgot to upload but mentioned nothing about requesting police checks or medical. I uploaded the form the same day and emailed back asking if i needed to do police checks/medical as if so I would like to get them sorted asap, heard nothing back and that was nearly three weeks ago! Immi account says Assessment in progress and its driving me crazy!
When did you lodge your application? I have already done my medical last year, the same month that I lodged it on June. You haven't submitted police check and medical before?

·
Registered
6,878 Posts
It was about 30 minutes after I submitted the Form 80 that I was asked for, that the 820 grant came through.

However, with the 300 grant it was 4 months after the request for one missing document, before it was granted.

So, with me, it varied from 30 minutes to 4 months.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was about 30 minutes after I submitted the Form 80 that I was asked for, that the 820 grant came through.

However, with the 300 grant it was 4 months after the request for one missing document, before it was granted.

So, with me, it varied from 30 minutes to 4 months.
That was very quick for your visa grant. I am getting crazy waiting for mine as I haven't heard anything since I submitted my police check on Jan. 15. So frustrating.

·
Registered
6,878 Posts
That was very quick for your visa grant. I am getting crazy waiting for mine as I haven't heard anything since I submitted my police check on Jan. 15. So frustrating.
It really comes down to when you submitted your application.

They can ask for extra documents at any time, but I don't think that speeds anything up.
Our overall times were pretty average or even a bit longer than many.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It really comes down to when you submitted your application.

They can ask for extra documents at any time, but I don't think that speeds anything up.
Our overall times were pretty average or even a bit longer than many.
Doesn't it mean when immi ask for more documents meaning they are looking into your files? As my immi account changed from Received to Assessment in progress?

·
Registered
6,878 Posts
Doesn't it mean when immi ask for more documents meaning they are looking into your files? As my immi account changed from Received to Assessment in progress?
Yes, but it can still take another 6 months after they first look at it, before a decision. It can vary.

·
Registered
838 Posts
it can also mean someone has just did a quick look over to see what was missing so that it's all there when they are ready to look at it. the actual online status means nothing.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hi! Who among you were asked for additional documents from the Case Officer? How long did you have to wait before you were granted the visa?

My case officer emailed on Jan. 8, 2018 asking for my AFP. I submitted it on Jan. 15 so my status on my Immi Account went from Information Requested to Assessment in progress. After that, haven't heard anything.

So anxious...driving me crazy checking my Immi Account everyday lol
When did you lodge your application?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.