Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. I've been collecting evidence for about 3-4 months now but am still not confident in what I have currently. My visa expires in March but I'm more worried about the changes to the partner visa (sponsor is processed first). Does anyone have information about when these changes could happen? Should I lodge before the end of January? I'm worried as I also wanted to have my evidence reviewed by a migration agent and want to be fully ready before I lodge. What should I do?

·
Registered
91 Posts
As soon as I heard about that migration amendment bill (September) I immediately started ringing migration agents, got a consultation, got all evidence and funds together and our visa was lodged in October. My husband’s visa was expiring in May but didn’t want any more complications. I have seen a few questions like yours with the visa expiring in early 2019. I don’t understand what takes people so long? Just get a migration agent, spend a few days collecting documents, apply for police cert (sponsor) and get it submitted.
The trickiest thing is basically 888 forms because you can’t exactly control when people do it. But my husband and I knew very few close, reliable pr/citizens and still managed to get it done in a couple of weeks. We had two ready on submission and submitted one more a bit afterwards.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.