Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My girlfriend visited Australia on a single entry tourist visa that she obtained herself back in October for 9 days when she visited with her friends for a holiday.

I am hopeful that she can visit again towards the end of this year and stay with me for a week or so.

I would imagine that given that she was able to acquire a visa last year, and that she followed the terms of the visa, that obtaining another one 12 months later wouldn't be too much of a challenge. Her last one was approved very quickly with no questions asked.

The only problem is that she doesn't have the savings that she had previously for a number of reasons. She believes she needs to have $1,500AUD to meet the financial requirements of the visa.

A few questions I have:

1. What are the odds of her being approved again in light of her different financial circumstances?

2. Is it possible for me to assist in the application as far as assurances of support or similar? Would this be better than to leave her to apply on her own merits?

3. Would a refusal here impact any potential future visa applications e.g. tourist/spouse/PMV etc?

Regards,

Simon

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply. She is from Philippines and that is her passport.

I am not sure that I can justify the cost of an RMA for this as I would imagine the answer should be fairly straightforward for anyone who has been thorough it before.

·
Super Moderator
2,134 Posts
Thanks for your reply. She is from Philippines and that is her passport.

I am not sure that I can justify the cost of an RMA for this as I would imagine the answer should be fairly straightforward for anyone who has been thorough it before.
Anything to do with the Philippines can be problematical, and is never straight forward. Just because they approve one visa, it does not mean they will approve the next application. I know from 30 years experience in dealing with the Australian Embassy in Manila that the only thing you can rely on is their inconsistency.
As far as a refusal for a tourist visa having an effect later on, you would need to ask a RMA for a professional opinion.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
My girlfriend visited Australia on a single entry tourist visa that she obtained herself back in October for 9 days when she visited with her friends for a holiday.

** That is related in a new application in good light.

I am hopeful that she can visit again towards the end of this year and stay with me for a week or so.

** That sounds reasonable.

I would imagine that given that she was able to acquire a visa last year, and that she followed the terms of the visa, that obtaining another one 12 months later wouldn't be too much of a challenge. Her last one was approved very quickly with no questions asked.

** Don't count on past process to bee the same, it is more a lottery on process time.

The only problem is that she doesn't have the savings that she had previously for a number of reasons. She believes she needs to have $1,500AUD to meet the financial requirements of the visa.

** There is a finance requirement, never head $1,500 AUD before. Have heard $1,000 per month but lots of variance on this.

A few questions I have:

1. What are the odds of her being approved again in light of her different financial circumstances?

** depends on the day and Case Officer.

2. Is it possible for me to assist in the application as far as assurances of support or similar? Would this be better than to leave her to apply on her own merits?

** Yes and Yes

3. Would a refusal here impact any potential future visa applications e.g. tourist/spouse/PMV etc?

**Only that the refusal need to be declared in the application - it does not have a negative impact on a spouse or PMV in any way.

Have a great night Simon.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, that's very helpful.

Would anyone be kind enough to let me know where I can find some more info on providing assurance of support? I haven't been through this process before and couldn't find any info on the immi site.

Regards,

Simon

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
It can be simply a statement from you saying you will supply accommodation in way of full board and all personal expenses for the duration. Supply evidence that you can do this and you can offer to put up a personal bond if required.

·
Super Moderator
2,134 Posts
It can be simply a statement from you saying you will supply accommodation in way of full board and all personal expenses for the duration. Supply evidence that you can do this and you can offer to put up a personal bond if required.
You can offer a letter of support , stating you will cover expenses while she is here, but a security bond option is only available under a family sponsored visa.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Dam was the mod thing!

I know but the Case Officer does not know you know, I expect over 75% of our visitor visa applications offered a bond. I know it was every African one, but also think some Ukrainian one I offered a bond.

·
Registered
5,948 Posts
I know from 30 years experience in dealing with the Australian Embassy in Manila that the only thing you can rely on is their inconsistency.
You can say that again.

Recently - re a visitor - from a RMA colleague in the Philippines:

Dear Wes, after hundreds of approvals I have got some new dickhead to refuse one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.