Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, my and my fiance meet the criteria for a 309 visa based on de facto relationship rules,

She is an australian citizen by birth and has lived and worked in the UK for over 2 years,

On form 40sp it asks for details about living arrangements in australia, as she hasnt lived there for 2 years how do we complete that aspect of the form?

She is a paramedic and is currently in the process of securing a job in australia, however, hasnt got anything in writing yet, can we lodge the application before she gets a job in aus, as she is a citizen? As im aware the processing time can take a while so we are keen to get the ball rolling.

Any help or guidance will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Work status isn't a big thing as long as they can meet their obligation to support you.

You can lodge the application whenever it suits you.

Just for my own curiosity is she a WA paramedic grad caught up in the ECU / Curtain debacle with St John and that's why she did the UK?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi mania,

So how would you prove that without being able to prove an income? Will savings etc be taken into account? This is an area im struggling to find much information on?

She is a nsw graduate, she originally came to work in the uk to build some experience and just to experience what england has to offer, unfortunately the demands of the NHS and lack of support have led her to want to go home.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Got to love the NHS, I have absolutely no desire to go back and work on road there, if she's not fussed about a slower pace then she may want to consider industrial based work - very good money in it.

Her obligation is to be able to support you. There's no defined limit like income levels in the U.K.

Savings and a place to live or proof of the ability to afforded to do so is benificial - it's not really something they are jumping up and down and demanding lots of evidence for. Especially in partner migration where both could be moving to Aus, it's unrealistic to expect gainful employment prior to returning to the country.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
The financial aspect of the Partner Visa applications is how you both deal with the money you both have - not the income you make.

There have been a number of crazy short 309 Partner Visas processed from UK recently, 4-6 weeks and not just one or two. So if you want to be in that lotto draw front load your application.

·
Registered
130 Posts
This was my exact issue as I am on the last portion of my Tier 5 in Uk and we are lodging our 309 this week! Thanks for the post :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.