Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,

I am still confused as to whether my situation will qualify my partner and I applying for the offshore de facto visa.
I'm Australian and my partner is French, we have been together for 17 months, however:
* 2 months we were together in Australia however not "officially living together"- partner was staying and living at my place.
* 2 1/2 months temporarily separated- partner had to leave to France for work purposes
* 7 months travelling and living abroad (living abroad with family for 2 months, 1 month living with friends in one country and 1 month with friends in another country and the rest travelling to other countries)
* 3 months living together in Paris
* 3 months temporarily separated due to my visa expiring in EU
* Since mid Dec 2013 living together again in Paris

We have:
* registered our relationship in NSW
* 2 joint bank accounts
* stat decs from family and friends in Aust and also France
* pictures of our travels, photos with both of our families, photos with friends
* flight bookings, hotel/hostel bookings, hire car bookings, tour bookings
* movie tickets
* statements from our individual bank accounts showing purchases made for each other
* Facebook messages from friends wishing us a Merry Christmas and New Years (friends see us as a couple), gifts received from each other's families, Christmas cards,wedding invites addressed to both of us, thank you card addressed to both of us
* evidence that we maintained contact when we were apart (Skype, Whatsapp messages)
* personal documents- birthday cards, anniversary card, Christmas card, postcard,

Do you think this is substantial given we haven't lived entirely for 12 months but have been together for 17 and our relationship is registered in NSW?

Thanks for your feedback in advance!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Upon reading this I got really confused. My husband and I have been married for 3 months now, but have been in a relationship all together more than a year... I am applying for a offshore visa but the fact is that we only lived together for 2 months and by the time he gets here again my Visa will already be in process...
Will this be enough for them? :/

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
It is not mandatory to have 12 months living together for married people. However, they do recommend atleast 3 months living together in order to gather evidence ie. Joint bills, joint bank account, lease. That is probably because things like electricity bills only come every 3 months (or they do where I live).

What kind of evidence do you have?

·
Registered
12 Posts
It is not mandatory to have 12 months living together for married people. However, they do recommend atleast 3 months living together in order to gather evidence ie. Joint bills, joint bank account, lease. That is probably because things like electricity bills only come every 3 months (or they do where I live).

What kind of evidence do you have?
Well, we dont really have bills and stuff but I will try to find that, because we got an apartment to use from a friend and then she paid bills and everything because we also traveled a lot and we werent always there. But we do have some pictures of apartment and dinner we maid there and also joint bank account.

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
Hmmm, I am concerned that you do not have enough evidence. For a 309 visa you need to show evidence of a shares life together compared to the 300 which is a genuine relationship.

I guess it depends on the embassy. I know that this would not be enough for the African countries but for Bosnia not sure.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hmmm, I am concerned that you do not have enough evidence. For a 309 visa you need to show evidence of a shares life together compared to the 300 which is a genuine relationship.

I guess it depends on the embassy. I know that this would not be enough for the African countries but for Bosnia not sure.
I dont know how embassy here works. I will have to find somebody from Bosnia that went trough all of this. And you see, we are a young couple and we never really thought we should save the bills and everything. Ahh

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
I dont know how embassy here works. I will have to find somebody from Bosnia that went trough all of this. And you see, we are a young couple and we never really thought we should save the bills and everything. Ahh
It probably would have been better if you had have applied for a prospective marriage visa and waited to get married. Unfortunately nothing you can do about it now.

·
Registered
12 Posts
It probably would have been better if you had have applied for a prospective marriage visa and waited to get married. Unfortunately nothing you can do about it now.
Well yeah, we didnt think about it at all. Now when I read what people post here I realized that was smarter thing to do but we never really thought about it. We just wanted to be married. Well, I think I will have to sit and wait. My husband is coming here soon and I will contact me CO when he does and provide them more evidence, I guess that might be enough. Thank you for you help!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.