Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon everyone,

I'm needing to write an invitation letter for my fiancée parents to attend our wedding in Australia but don't know where to start. Anyone have any tips or samples on how to write one.

Thank you

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Hi,

I'm marrying your kid.

She said I had to invite you so here you go.

See you there,
Name

^^^try that....:seriously why do you need a template in writing an invite......you should be using your own ideas as a couple on imaginative invites for your family and friends....

·
Registered
24 Posts
@Mania: he is asking the invitation to attach to visa application I believe :)
@Taiphams: just write your own words but it should include your information, your responsibility for the visiting, and the visiting schedule.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@Mania, thank you for your reply and advice. If it was as simple as you say I wouldn't have asked. And for your information the letter was to be attached to the visa application.

@duyanhth, thank you for the information on what needs to be in the letter.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
@Taiphams no problem at all....

For your information it's always useful to inform us of the visa subclass that you intend to put the evidence into. I had read the question another way entirely and was under the belief you were including it in another form of visa.

Sc600 you'll want to include:

Their first and last name
Details about the person
Their relationship to you
Their contact details
Why are they visiting
How long are they visiting for
How will they support themselves
Your first and last name
Details about you
Your date of birth
Your address
Your contact numbers
Your visa / residency status.
Any other info you wish to include

·
Registered
391 Posts
mania why not just apologise for being rude and abrasive it's pretty obvious they are wanting it for a visa app because they're posting on a visa forum. no need to back peddle and try too blame the OP. i didn't even notice the visa wasn't mentioned because i made the logical assumption that it's for a tourist visa.

O.P a few years ago I wrote a support letter for my housemates parents who wanted to attend their daughters graduation. I provided identifying details about myself, (including that I'm an Australian citizen) my housemate and the parents. I went on to explain I'm the home owner and they would be staying with me while attending the graduation ceremony. i also mentioned that i knew they were accomplished professionals with well established roots back home. I provided contact details for further information. keep it relatively brief but as mania said explain how they trip will be financed and the purpose, duration of stay etc. all the best with the application and your wedding! congrats.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
mania why not just apologise for being rude and abrasive it's pretty obvious they are wanting it for a visa app because they're posting on a visa forum. no need to back peddle and try too blame the OP. i didn't even notice the visa wasn't mentioned because i made the logical assumption that it's for a tourist visa.
Because I'm a rude and abrasive person, it's a personality defect I am yet to overcome and probably never will as such I've come to terms with it and won't apologise for being me.

It may have been obvious to you, however I obviously inadvertently took it as a totally different question, my mistake as I previously said. I'm not blaming anyone,, however a well formulated question will always garner a better response especially in people like me that may miss the "logical" question and only see the "literal" question - unfortunately some people are wired this way I am one of them, coupled with my abrasive and sarcastic personality it doesn't always yield the best results, none the less it's not meant with malice - not that that conclusion is actually able to be drawn from text..., had the tourist visa been mentioned I would have read the question the way the OP intended and given the answer I posted above.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.