Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Advice on Prospecive Marriage Visa

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Selwyn 
#1 ·
Hi, I am finding it hard to find information on weather my partner is able to apply for a prospective marriage visa subclass 300 ( the fiancé visa ) or any other visa that would allow him to come to Australia soon. And I'm hoping somebody here might be able to help me.

Here is the situation:

I am an Australian Citizen, and was perviously married. I have been separated since November 2016, and intend to start the legal divorce process in November 2017. I have known my partner for the past 5 years and have been in a relationship since my marriage broke down in November 2016. I have been with Him in his country for the past 4 months, and we want to get married as soon as possible in Australia. I need to go back to Australia soon and am doing my best to find out what Visa we can apply for, and when to ensure He can be with me in Australia as soon as possible. I would love it if he could be in Australia for Christmas in December. My partner has applied for a tourist visa in Australia twice over the last ten years but unfortunately been rejected. Im hoping someone might have some advice for us.

My questions are:
Can i apply for a prospective marriage visa while i am separated but not as yet divorced?
Does anyone have any advice for what would be the best way forward for us?

Any information would be really helpful.

Thank you !

See less See more
#3 ·
You will need a Nomination of Intention to Marry (NOIM), which means that you must both be free to marry.

I suggest you seek some professional advice to help you better understand the requirements and your options and work out a good strategy to make your dreams come through.

Reactions: Scrappy coco
#4 ·
Thanks so much for your response.

In response to your question to expand more:

************when i say he was not able to receive a tourist visa i mean he applied for a tourist visa for Australia on two different occasions (prior to knowing me) but did not receive the visa. To my knowledge he did not receive a reason why. It seems that people applying for a Visa from Nepal seem to have quite a lot of trouble obtaining a visa for Australia.

Can a Nomination of Intention to Marry (NOIM) be applied for while I am separated from my ex-husband but not as yet divorced?

I do need some professional advice, but im currently in Nepal and i don't have a great deal of money to spend. I'm not sure of the best place to find good advice. Any tips?

Thanks again

#5 ·
I do need some professional advice, but im currently in Nepal and i don't have a great deal of money to spend. I'm not sure of the best place to find good advice. Any tips?

To be honest your best general advice (often right but often wrong) is on this site. But that gives you things to consider in preparation for an application.

I think CCMS replied to your thread, he is a good Registered Migration Agent that often posts on here. (there are about 6 that do and all seem very good).

Work out the basics then after that have a consultation with a RMA, that seems to be $150 -$200 AUD. Then you will have a better understanding and understand the advice given during the consultation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.