Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

Im not really sure where to start with this. I met my girlfriend online through a social networking site about 7 months ago, kinda odd i know but since we met we have basically left our skype video on 24/7. She lives in Austria and i live in South Australia. She will be coming to stay with me, at my place (im a part time employed/full time student) for a month in January and I will be travelling to Austria sometime mid next year to stay with her at her place for 3 months, longer if possible. She has 2 more years before she completes her degree so its likely i will visit again during that time.

Recently we have been discussing the idea of marriage, it started off as a joke when we first met but now its a future we are both realising could be likely. We are both trying to research this as much as possible but quite frankly i find it extremely overwhelming. I guess my need for advice comes from the fact that this is primarily a internet/long distance relationship and what forms of proof can we begins gathering/saving in order to provide satisfactory evidence of relationship. Im also concerned about sponsorship as i really have no idea of what is expected of me to be considered a suitable sponsor? Also, considering we havent lived togther would this cause any issues?

Sorry if this question is vague...just very confused and concerned right now.

Regards

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
If you have a look at eithr onshore or offshore partner visas via Family - Visas & Immigration you'll see under eligibility there's a requirement for a 12 months relationship and some CAQ under the link.
Marriage waives the 12 months requirement but you'll still need to show a relationship exists and so have a read of Booklet #1 which will also tell you about sponsorship.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.