Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Advice regarding VISA

974 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  tttrainer 
#1 ·
Hi,
My sister is Australia Citizen, I wrote my PTE exam and got overall score of 68. Can anyone please advice me which is the best VISA?

1) SN 190 Skilled Nominated VAC1
2) Skilled Independent Visa(subclass 189)(Points-tested) stream

Please suggest me the visa and let me know.

Regards,
Charan

#2 ·
You don't give enough information for anyone to answer.

Both 189 and 190 visas require you to meet the criteria for an occupation in one of the skilled occupation lists. The 190 visa also requires you to get an invitation from a state that is sponsoring your occupation.

So when deciding which visa to apply for, you will need to see if you would get a positive skills assessment for an occupation on either of the occupation lists. If it's only on the list requiring state sponsorship, you'd need to see which state is sponsoring your occupation.

Having a sister in Australia will only help if you apply for a 489 visa which is temporary and requires you to live/work in a designated area of Australia. Your sister would also need to live in a designated area.

#3 ·
Your overall English score is irrelevant.
Your sister cannot sponsor you, unless she lives in a 'designated area' and then only for a temporary visa.
Without knowing the particulars of your education and work experience, it is not possible to offer useful advice about your visa prospects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.