Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI there,
It has been a while since I have posted.
Hubby and I applied for Partner visa in April this year (2017). I am currently 4.5 months pregnant and I am high risk with complications throughout my pregnancy.
I have a few questions.

1. Should I get a letter from the hospital or Obstetrician explaining my high risk pregnancy and Estimated Due Date and upload this document to our current application, because now we have a child on the way that will change our relationship to becoming a family. How do I go about this. Do I just upload it as an attached document somewhere?

2. Because of my pregnancy and it being our first child. We would like to bring my mother in law over from Pakistan to Australia on a visitor visa 600 to see her new grandchild and spend time with us as well as help taking care of me after delivery as I have No option but to have a Caesarian delivery.
Can I use the same letter that I get about my high risk pregnancy from the hospital as a supporting document when I apply for my Mother in Laws Visitor visa?

Thanks for your help.

·
Premium Member
8,885 Posts
Yes, you can just upload any evidence of your pregnancy to your application. Keep in mind, though, that this won't expedite the processing of your visa. It's just more evidence of the nature of your commitment to each other.

It's not going to change the type of visa you're eligible for either, in case you were thinking that. :) People who have been married two years or more and have a child together can go straight to permanent residency, but that has to be the case at the time of application - the child has to already be here. Pregnancy doesn't really have any special effect other than as one more piece of evidence.

Sorry, visitor visas aren't my thing, so I don't know enough about those to answer that part.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you CollegeGirl.
I am aware that being pregnant won't do diddly squat to changing anything with the current visa process. I just thought I would need to advise Immigration that I am pregnant because they would most likely need to know about this. :)
xox

·
Registered
572 Posts
The thing is: a pregnancy technically doesn't prove anything. The baby could be anybody's baby, not necessarily the sponsor's... so until you've got a birth certificate with your husband's/sponsor's name on it, it won't be much evidence. Because of that, I don't think there is any specific way to provide the info on your pregnancy. It won't hurt to attach a letter from your GP/Midwife and/or your ultrasound pics. Whatever documentation you've got.
Good thing is you don't need to worry about applying for a visa for the baby as your husband is Aus citizen or PR. So the baby will be Australian automatically :)
Not sure if you have to/should lodge a notice wrong information/change of circumstances. And if so, as what the baby would have to be mentioned. Maybe non-migrating/Aus citizen dependant?

Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy and I hope everything goes well!
(Just had my own Australian-German tiny human 5 weeks ago :) )

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.