Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. My wife is in Australia on a Partner Visa (first stage - temp citizen). We recently came back from a 2 month holiday in Europe. I have uploaded photos and plane tickets to our immi account. Is there anything else i should do to advise the department of our recent joint travel? I recall reading on the homeaffairs.gov.au website the following:

"You can travel outside Australia as many times as you want on the temporary Partner visa (subclass 309) but you must let us know your travel plans before you leave Australia."

So, we didn't actually advise them before we left... we just uploaded photos and tickets once we came back. Should i do something else to advise Immi?

Thank you in advance for your help :)

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
I am assuming that she has applied for stage 2? If so just uploading the photos etc to the application is fine. You don't need to tell immigration when you have arrived back as you did not tell them you have left. In future make sure you let them know that you are going overseas, when you will be back and how they can reach you while you are away.

Something to keep in mind also is that if the visa is refused while overseas the applicant has no visa to come to Australia on (not saying it will be rejected but just something to keep in mind if you are planning travel).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes she has applied for stage 2 and is now in the very long waiting list. In the future when i advise them of travel, do i just call them? Or is there a way to notify them via the Immi website?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Apologies to butt in amiles, but I only just realised this today about the travel situation. as the website has conflicting information. I am travelling overseas for a month in October and I'm waiting for PR as well. I can't find anywhere about what is the right way to contact them in regards to my travel? Sorry if this is a dumb question!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Niree, I agree. It's very conflicting and confusing. They say that you have to inform them of travel plans, but they don't tell you how to inform them!

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
If you change your residential address for 14 consecutive days or longer during the processing of an application, you must inform immigration.

If an 801 is refused when the applicant is offshore, the situation might be irretrievable.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.