Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've known my partner for 6 years via Internet, and came to Australia with an Student Visa for a postgraduate coursework degree. We have been happily together for 3 months so far.

The truth is I'm disappointed of my course at uni, got a part-time job already on IT for about a month and I'm doing great there. My studies are consuming too much time and me doing all those things is affecting my relationship.

I would like to leave uni because is too expensive and I could actually be working instead. The money I spend paying tuition could be enough for a place for me and my partner. But as soon as I drop uni my visa expires I think.

I'm aware that I can't get a defacto visa because we haven't been 12 months together, and my job is in no position to sponsor me.

What could I do? I got like 2 months before enrolling on the next semester, is it enough time?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi,

I've known my partner for 6 years via Internet, and came to Australia with an Student Visa for a postgraduate coursework degree. We have been happily together for 3 months so far.

The truth is I'm disappointed of my course at uni, got a part-time job already on IT for about a month and I'm doing great there. My studies are consuming too much time and me doing all those things is affecting my relationship.

I would like to leave uni because is too expensive and I could actually be working instead. The money I spend paying tuition could be enough for a place for me and my partner. But as soon as I drop uni my visa expires I think.

I'm aware that I can't get a defacto visa because we haven't been 12 months together, and my job is in no position to sponsor me.

What could I do? I got like 2 months before enrolling on the next semester, is it enough time?
My only thought is if you go home, obtain a working holiday visa (they're pretty quick turnaround), and then return to Australia. I don't believe you can obtain a working holiday visa if you're already onshore. Also there are restrictions for how long you can stay with your employer when you only have a WHV.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.