Australia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone give me recommendations on where to purchase relatively cheap groceries?
I am unfamiliar with Australian stores so I am unsure of which ones are considered cheap, high-quality, or organic, etc.

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,658 Posts
Woolworths and Coles are the most popular .
ALDI is consider the cheapest although with a smaller range of products.
Many people use all three and take advantage of each stores specials.

·
Registered
9 Posts
If you are looking for frozen foods, vegetables and other household items, then Laguna Oriental and Hometown Asian Supermarket is best. And if you are a cheese lover then go to Spring Street Grocer in Melbourne.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Fresh produce and even some pastas, markets, queen vic in the city, preston, south melb, footscray or farmers markets. If you eat meat, I would recommend finding your local butcher, higher quality, better prices.

Aldi is ok, I'm not 100% sold that it's THAT much cheaper. Their fresh produce isn't great ie. Fruit veg and meats. Shelf and freezer is alright though.

Cleaning products it depends on how picky you are, reject shop stocks a lot of decent stuff in terms of cleaning for bathroom kitchen and laundry if you're on a tight budget.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Coles (their home brand) and ALDI are pretty good. Going to a market such as Vic market will be good for fruit and vegetables.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts