Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have looked and searched the forum but can't find an answer for my question....

I have an Australian National Police Certificate that I needed to get for my employer. The reason for check on it is: Employment - Other: Administration Officer.

I will soon be applying for an 820 Partner Visa and just wondering if this AFP check will be ok for the visa (it's dated 17 February 2014 so valid) or do I need to apply for another police check with the reason as Visa application?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
798 Posts
AFP check

Hi Addo - We just got an new AFP check as the old one had expired. There is no reason shown on the certificate. It says
"Complete Disclosure
All recorded offences released
Name Check Only"​
If your certificate has the same heading (without any reason for check shown), my non-professional best guess would be that it would be fine for your 820/801 application. It's only $42 at the moment and very quick, so you can easily get another when it expires. Cheers...

Hi, I have looked and searched the forum but can't find an answer for my question....

I have an Australian National Police Certificate that I needed to get for my employer. The reason for check on it is: Employment - Other: Administration Officer.

I will soon be applying for an 820 Partner Visa and just wondering if this AFP check will be ok for the visa (it's dated 17 February 2014 so valid) or do I need to apply for another police check with the reason as Visa application?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
8 Posts
If you need a police check for a visa, then the only place that you can get one is for the Australian Federal Police website.

Also of note is that police checks don't actually "expire". they are based on checks against the name submitted and reflect whether or not there are any court outcomes or pending charges up to the point of the check. Organisations decide how frequently they want to have them done!

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts
If you need a police check for a visa, then the only place that you can get one is for the Australian Federal Police website.

Also of note is that police checks don't actually "expire". they are based on checks against the name submitted and reflect whether or not there are any court outcomes or pending charges up to the point of the check. Organisations decide how frequently they want to have them done!
When you see a comment on this website about police checks expiring, it's going to mean from an Immigration point of view. Immi states they are all valid for 12 months.

Reactions: Dinkum
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.