Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My partner is here on a tourist visa and we have almost all of our documentation to apply for the 820 onshore.

I am confused about sponsor requirements. Does the sponsor need to submit their police check with the initial application in order to have submitted a valid application that the partner can get bridging visa A when the tourist visa runs out? Or, will the initial application not include the sponsor police check? Will he still get his bridging visa without it? Do I wait or get it now???

My partner just has about 45 days left on his tourist visa so if I need it I would need to apply... yesterday! Also what is the exact name of this check on the AFP website? Is it a name check? I don't know how to find the right check...

Thanks for your help!!!!

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
The sponsor does not need to provide a Police certificate in order for the application to be valid, so no need to panic.

The Police certificate you’re after is the NPC. Find the instructions on the AFP and DIBP web-sites. You can apply online and it usually only takes a few days.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much for your reply! I applied for it anyway (peace of mind) so we will start the application and I can upload it straight away if needed.

Thanks!!!! :) :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.