Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received an email from the immigration last week asking for my AFP Police Check and Medical Check

I applied for a police check right away and just received the document today. However, it's missing my middle name. I have two given names, then my mothers maiden name (middle name), and my surname

I remember that when I filled out the request form online, they asked for given name and other given name.

Will this be a problem? Also, should I send a certified copy or just a coloured copy or the original?

I am so confused right now and a little bit frustrated coz I just paid for my medical appointment and guuurrrrl it's not cheap so I really dont want to have to pay another 50 bucks for my police check.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
I would just supply what you were given. You only send in originals if you applied by paper. If you applied online, you only ever need to uppload clear color scans of original documents. No certified copies for online apps.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
I received an email from the immigration last week asking for my AFP Police Check and Medical Check

I applied for a police check right away and just received the document today. However, it's missing my middle name. I have two given names, then my mothers maiden name (middle name), and my surname

I remember that when I filled out the request form online, they asked for given name and other given name.

Will this be a problem? Also, should I send a certified copy or just a coloured copy or the original?

I am so confused right now and a little bit frustrated coz I just paid for my medical appointment and guuurrrrl it's not cheap so I really dont want to have to pay another 50 bucks for my police check.
The Department can be very pedantic about the names on police certificates. They should be identical to what is on the application form.

The online AFP form can be a bit annoying sometimes with names disappearing after you have entered them. I often have to re-enter the names several times, before they "stick".

If the names on the police certificate are not exactly the same as the ones in the application form, you may be better off applying for a new police certificate rather than causing delays later on.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
If you're sure you did it right the first time, I'd try doing it in a different web browser then. It would suck to pay all over again to get th same outcome!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.