Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I would like to enquiry about my 801 application because unfortunately my police check is not clean. I got a fine of $200 for possession of prohibited drugs.. nothing more.
Will it affect my application? What's the worst case scenario for my application? I hope you can help me on this guys. Thank you in advance
Please tell me your opinion.
Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mania.
I've already checked that link out.
I think that "your past and present criminal or general conduct shows that you are not of good character" is really too generic.
If you have more info please share. Cheers

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Same stuff on there! (ii) the person's past and present general conduct;
It's all about interpretation. I really hope they can see the minimum fine of $200.
Fingers crossed. ;-)

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
To me the $200 fine would be relevant in proving the scale of the crime, also would be how long ago it was.

I would certainly contact a RMA for advice on how to address it in the 801 application. I certainly would not just present the AFP report with no explanation.

·
Premium Member
10,520 Posts
I agree with ampk. They are cracking down on the character tests now so it is best to address it with the application then to not say anything at all.

I would get advice from a registered migration agent.

·
Registered
6,230 Posts
If the minister 'acting personally' refuses a visa on character grounds, there is no right to an AAT review. All it takes is:

1. the Minister reasonably suspects that the person does not pass the character test

and

2. the Minister is satisfied that the refusal or cancellation is in the national interest.

It is possible, but not likely, that the minister would act personally in a $200 fine case, but a delegate could make an adverse decision. This would be a reviewable, but is best avoided by making an adequate submission in the first place.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.