Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all..
I got CO then sent medical and police report on first week of march 2009. Then i could not get any info. I applied through agent and he is saying to wait. As i have assigned agent, can i contact myself to DIAC by phone or email?
How do DIAC inform regarding pre visa grant letter, its by emil or courier?
I am from HR country, CSL, 175 category, paper applicant.
Thanks in advance
star

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Wanderer
Can i contact DIAC, directly by email or phone? Although i have appointed agent.
Thanks

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
There's nothing to stop you from contacting DIAC and provision on the web site for that.

Do make sure you have your application reference number from the agent if you did not receive it direct but also understand that everytime someone contacts immi because progress is not as quick as hoped, someone at immi, possibly the COs are obliged to respond and all that effectively does is absorb some of their time that would be better used in processing applications.

Patience is a virtue.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks again...
It has been already 2 months after co allocation. Tentatively how more shall i wait? What might be they looking for?
Thank you

·
Registered
692 Posts
If you look at the economic situation in Australia, it is getting worse. The economic stimulus packages haven't had the effect the government would have liked.

The government will be under a lot of pressure to control unemployment, which could be having an affect on immigration applications.

The government was also a little lax on the way they handled the recent boat loads of asylum seekers, where Horward was a lot more stricter. Immigration always becomes a sensitive issue when unemployment starts to rise.

I don't know what direct affect this has on skilled visa applications, but I am sure it is something which the government is closely monitoring.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks mike, for ur info.
And can i apply for job in Aus before getting pr? Most of them need working visa while applying. What can be a good approach? Thanks

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Yep, most organisations looking to employ are looking for someone that is legally available to work with a matter of weeks/months, whatever their interviewing/selection/appointment etc. process is.

You could keep an eye on the job market via web sites, SEEK - Australia's no. 1 jobs, employment, career and recruitment site or www.careeone.com.au etc. and attempt to get a feel on how many vacancies are about, what fields, what organisations are looking for and then in your particular field if you see some organisations constatntly after people, it could represent either that there are shortages, the organisation has high turn-over for whatever reason or in fact dummie vacancies get listed - possibly a way recruitment agencies establish a pool of people looking for work.

To organisations that have what appear to be suitable jobs, you could mention that you hope your visa application approval is imminent, that you have been requested to submit police/health checks and that they have been submitted a month ago - if you applied online have you used the tracking facility immi provide?.

But could also be that you'll have difficulty getting employment, the global economic situation likely to be prolonged and thus you need to consider what is your Plan B?

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Congratulations star,
But unfortunately the end may not be a pot of gold at end of a rainbow in the lucky country.

Even if you are able to get work on arrival, keeping it in grim economic conditions may be another matter and so you need to give some thought to where support will come from in the event of no work - no one has a crystal ball on how bad economic/employment conditions could get nor how long they'll last.

Gut feel of a few people is that better days will be a few years away at best.
Meanwhile Australian government will have generated huge budgeting deficits with massive interest bills to be paid for many years and that means less government services/employment and higher taxing of the employed, less disposable income and thus erosion of natural stimulus.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Wanderer... ur comment is true. I am planning to migrate soon but the economical problem can be a factor to be considered... and i may not get the job, then can i study Masters in Domestic fee scheme immediately? International student fee is high. In some services i found that we need to wait for 2 years. Is this 2 years waiting period for study purpose as well?
Thanks

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Re the studying star, yes I think there are some restrictions re services for first two years following immigration but cannot remember accurately what they may be though I'd think with PR status you'll be OK on residency fees re education.

Have a look at the immi site under "Settling in Australia' I think the heading is and you may find info there and restrictions will usually only apply for direct government services whereas Universities more or less run as private organisations.

Report back what you find, and better still create a new post on it'll be of interest to other people.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.